Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Anglicky v odborných předmětech "Support of teaching technical subjects in English “. Tutorial: Business Academy Topic: Leadership Prepared by : Ing . Adéla Hrabcová. Projekt Anglicky v odborných předmětech, CZ.1.07/1.3.09/04.0002
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Tutorial: Business Academy
Prepared by: Ing. AdélaHrabcová
Projekt Anglicky v odborných předmětech, CZ.1.07/1.3.09/04.0002
je spolufinancován Evropským sociálním fondem a státním rozpočtem České republiky.
Leadership means organizing a group of people to achieve specified tasks (company‘s goals).
The motiveis the inner reason (impulse) for particular behaviour.Leadership
Leadership is realized through direct and indirect effects:
Direct effects = workers are given particular tasks and these tasks are supervised by management
Indirect effects= staff motivation
Both types should be appropriately combined in order to achieve the most effective leadership.
Worker‘s performance depends on his abilities, conditions and motivation.
Basic principles of motivation:
praise in public– to punish face to face
create a suitable working atmosphere
prevent errors through warning
reward for specific results
Manager needs for effective leadership following:
to know their subordinates – their personality, abilities and character
- to know a type and an extent of work performed by workers
- to have leadership experience
Effective leadership can be divided into 3 groups:
1) ineffective leadership = a group of workers does not change their behaviour according to the manager‘s wishes
2) successful leadership = a group of workers will change their behaviour thanks to the manager‘s effort
3) effective leadership = is considered as an effective leadership; moreover, workers feel personal satisfaction and benefit from their activities
„Leadership is doing the right things while managing means doing the things right.“
Decide whether it is an extrinsic or intrinsic motivation:
Life insurance benefit
Flexible working hours
1) Give at least 3 examples of assumptions for effective leadership
2) Try to briefly explain the difference between leadership and management
3) Give at least 3 principles