Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
SDSS Data Mining : What we have done by using SDSS data? ----. Using Matched Catalogues and Images of SDSS and other datasets. Hong Wu, Chen Cao , Jianling Wang, Xiaoqing Wen, Yinan Zhu, Haining Li (NAOC). Outline. GALEX. VLA-FIRST. IRAS. SDSS. Spitzer. Multi- Images.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
have done by using SDSS data? ----
Using Matched Catalogues and Images of SDSS and other datasets
Hong Wu, Chen Cao, Jianling Wang, Xiaoqing Wen, Yinan Zhu, Haining Li (NAOC)
SDSS & 2MASS
Optical and Near-Infrared Color Profiles in Nearby Early-type Galaxies and the Implied Age and Metallicity Gradients
Wu, Shao et al. 2005, ApJ, 622, 244
* A sample of 36 nearby early-type galaxies, obtained from SDSS-EDR and 2MASS
* color gradients of the galaxies + simple stellar population models age and metallicity gradients of galaxies
A Catalogue of Luminous Infrared Galaxies in the IRAS and SDSS-DR2
Cao et al. 2006, ChJAA, 6, 197
* Select LIGs based on the cross-correlation between the IRAS Survey (FSC & PSC) and the SDSS-DR2.
* Use likelihood ratio method to estimate sample's Reliability and Completeness and for a subsample selection.
* Present a Catalogue with both the infrared, photometric & spectroscopic and the radio(VLA-FIRST) parameters.
* Some statistical results
Luminous Infrared Galaxies In the Local Universe
Wang et al. 2006, ApJ, 649, 722
Study the Morphology
and Star Formation
properties of 159 local
luminous infrared galaxies
(LIGs) using Multi-color
images from SDSS-DR2.
PAH and Mid-Infrared Luminosities as Measures of Star Formation Rate in Spitzer First Look Survey Galaxies
Wu et al. 2005, ApJ, 632, L79
InfraredSFR indicators: 8m dust and 24m luminosities :
* Using SDSS crossed with
Spitzer-SWIRE data to
enhance our results (+UV)!
(Zhu et al. in prep.)
Study the SEDs of galaxies selected from SDSS vs. Spitzer - FLS
Wen et al. 2006, ChJAA, in press
* Optical (SDSS) to Infrared (Spitzer) SEDs
* Fitted using GRASIL stellar and Dale’s dust model
Study the relation between morphologies & structure parameters and infrared properties of galaxies selected from SDSS vs. Spitzer – SWIRELi et al. 2006, in prep.
The Debris Disk Candidates in SWIRE Fields
Wu et al. 2006, in prep.
* Study the properties of 24m Infrared excess stars selected from SDSS vs. Spitzer – SWIRE
* Selection: Ks - VEGA > 0.44
* Spectroscopic Observation using 2.16m telescope at Xinglong
* Using Debris Disk Radiative Transfer Simulation Tool (DDS) to estimate dust parameters (Mdust)
Multi-Wavelength Study of Bar Structures in NGC 3488
Cao et al. 2006
Multi-wavelength Study of Young Massive Star Clusters in Interacting Galaxy ARP 24
Cao & Wu 2006, in prep.
* UV(GALEX), Optical (SDSS),Infrared(Spitzer) SEDs of
YSCs in ARP 24