Night by Elie Wiesel. Questions for Night are due on April 24, 2009. Elie Wiesel -- age 15. Questions. What art was Moche the Beadle a master in? How old was Elie when he got to know Moshe the Beadle? How old must you be before you could study the “perilous would or mysticism?”
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Questions for Night are due on
April 24, 2009
Elie Wiesel -- age 15
What was the penalty for leaving your house the first 3 days?
What did Jews have to wear after the first 3 days?
What did Elie’s father think of the yellow star?
What other laws were past restricting Jews?
What was set up in Sighet? How many were there?
What general opinion was believed regarding the new living situations?
What news was learned at the “extraordinary meeting of the council?”
What did the Hungarian police start doing to hurry the Jews along?
What were the children crying out for as they waiting to leave?
What did the street remind Elie of once everyone had left?
What did father do when they started marching that Elie had never seen before?
What was the only link Elie had to the Hungarian police, even today?
Who were the “first faces of hell and death”?
Where were Elie and his family moved to?
Why could people come and go from the ghetto?
What did their old servant, Martha, beg Elie’s father to do?
What day was Elie’s family expelled?
Who organized the expulsion?
How many people were put in each cattle car?
What “split the air” when they were finally on their way
42. Where did the train stop?
43. What were they told to immediately surrender when the door opened?
44. What were they warned if there was anyone missing?
45. What did Madame Schachter claim to see from the window?
46. How did they finally quiet Madame Schachter?
47. What did they start doing to Madame Schachter to quiet her further?
48. What was the name on the train station they finally stopped at?
49. What did the people see when the arrived at the labor camp?
50. What smell was in the air when they got off the train car?
51. What was left on the train? What did Elie call them?
52. What 8 words were spoken when they met the non-commissioned SS officer?
53. What ages did the strange man tell Elie and his father to be?
54. As they young men became anxious over their predicament, what did the older men implore them to do?
55. Who waited for them in the middle of the square, a conductor’s baton in hand?
56. What did he ask Elie? What did Elie answer?
57. What did Elie see burning in the pit?
58. Who did Elie Feel anger toward?
59. What did Elie plan on doing as they approached the burning ditch?
60. What else, besides the bodies, did Elie say the flames consumed?
61. What did the barracks make Elie think of?
62. What did the barracks make Elie think of?
63. What were the SS officers looking for when they made everyone strip?
64. What duty were the strong ones chosen for?
65. What did Elie realize “one ultimate moment of lucidity?’
66. After changing into assigned clothes, what happened to the child Elie was?
67. How much time had passed between leaving the house and being disinfected in the camp?
68. What didn’t anyone raise their voices when talking amongst themselves?
69. What did Elie have on that others were forced to surrender? Why were’t his notices?