THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW. Vijay K. Ummadi Andrea Segura Health Educators Student Nutrition Bureau. Review Cycle. SFAs will be reviewed at least once during the established three year cycle
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Vijay K. Ummadi
Student Nutrition Bureau
- Certification and Benefit Issuance, - Verification
- Meal Counting and Claiming
- Meal Components and quantities - Offer vs. Serve
- Dietary specifications and Nutrient Analysis
1. Administrative review confirmation/ introductory letter is issued to SFA 30 days prior to review date.
2. Conduct entrance conference at Superintendent’s or Principal’s office
3. Conduct on-site visits to selected schools and FSD’s office
4. Conduct exit conference
5. State agency will issue a corrective action plan within 30 days from the exit conference date
6. SFA has 30 days to adequately respond to all findings noted in the administrative review letter
7. If there are no findings or every aspect of the review has been adequately addressed, the state agency will issue a Letter of Closure
Is there a listing of all students and their approved categories by school?
should include the Child’s name, approved status, date approved and date noting a change (such as drop, transfer, status change) should reflect on the roster or application
- Selected sample pool based on Oct.1 count of applications
- Household notification of selection
- Sources of verification (in the form of paystubs,
award letters, employer letters)
- Notice of adverse action (if change in benefits)
Non-dairy substitutes for students with special dietary needs should meet the nutrition standards
½ grains offered over the week must be whole grain rich
Starting July 1, 2013 (SBP)
½ grains offered over the week must be whole grain rich in SBP
Starting July 1, 2014
All grains must be whole grain-rich in SBP and NSLP
component in SBP
1 oz eq. of grains after the minimum daily grain requirement is met.
for any deficiencies in their system
for schools selected retrievable?
Performance Standard 1 violations:
Performance Standard 2 violation: