Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
SUPPORT MEASURES FOR SME’S IN CITY OF RIJEKA Bruxelles, 28.05.2009.
Rijeka is the main crossroad of adriatic tourist traffic coming from middle Europe towards middle and south Adriatic. It is an important crossroad of highways and roads joining the background through Gorski kotar region where mountain Dinara is only 40-50 km long. Roads from Rijeka lead towards Istra and slovenian border in the North, to cities and country inland in the Northeast, as well as to the littoral and Dalmatia. The city is an important railways center and the airport Rijeka in situated on the island of Krk.
Source: Statistical review FINA, January 2009
Number of entrepreneurs in 2008 : 4.016 ( FINA )
Number of handcrafts in 2008 : 3.468 ( Chamber of crafts )
Prevailing activities: trade, manufacturing, transport and warehousing
medium entrepreneurs in City of Rijeka is a set of
measures to create entrepreneurship environment with
developed entrepreneurship climate and well designed
pre-conditions for development of entrepreneurship
General program has 5 areas
1. Strengthening of entrepreneurship competitiveness
2. New forms of education and information
3. Financing of entrepreneurship
4. Development of entrepreneurial infrastructure
5. Entrepreneurial culture promotion
1. Strengtheningof entrepreneurship competitiveness
Funding of product certification
- “de minimis” aid up to 15.000 kuna or 30% of total cost for the introduction of Quality Management System, certify the conformity of products according to national and European standards
Funding of strategic marketing plans creation
- “de minimis” aid up to 15.000 kuna or 30% of total cost for strategic marketing plan creation
- “de minimis” aid up to 15.000 kuna or 30% of total cost for a joint appearance on the market (eg. claster products and services and their promotion, as well as co-marketing and co-branding
Funding the introduction of support systems in decision making,
management and e-commerce
- “de minimis” aid up to 20.000 kuna or 50% of total cost system implementation
create link between economy and science, the development of communication
between scientists and young entrepreneurs, the creation of links between the
new technological achievements and entrepreneurs ready for their
implementation, presentation of new scientific knowledge to young and the
promotion of Rijeka as a “city of knowledge”
In April 2009 in the University campus on Trsat officially opened the building
Scientific and Technology Park, University of Rijeka - Step Ri is the first
scientific-technology park in Croatia, whose services include three main
programs: the protection and transfer of intellectual property, incubation of
new companies and licensing
Awards for innovation ready for commercial application - only entrepreneurs
who have their own innovation or innovation bought from innovators
implemented in the product or service, award represents incentive of
entrepreneurs towards the commercialization of innovation
information from office about funding possibilities, rules of
functioning common european market and european institutions
Building a system Rijeka quality (RQ) – long term project, in the future system of quality for SME’s in tourism
Goal: better education and entrepreneurship skill improvement
Project “Knowledge and experience“ – the goal is to make connection between entrepreneurs and student solving the problems in business
Project “I know to work“ – the goal is to make connection between pupils and handkrafts with the lack of educated work force
Program: "Development of entrepreneurial skills for young " – in September 2008 started School for young entrepreneurs
- measure will affect the development of personality and skills that are characterized by entrepreneurs - creativity, the ability to set up goals, decision-making, risk assessment, self-confidence, responsibility, ability to recognize influences from environment, all in order to prepare young people for the possible selection of entrepreneurial career
Project: "Scholarships to students in scarce craftsmanship occupations "
- in 2007. the City of Rijeka and Chamber of crafts started with schoolarships to students for following occupation: bricklayer, carpenter, machinist, cook, waiter, confectioner, plumber, painter, fitter and turner - City is financing 40% of monthly amount of scholarship
information about loans, grants, education programs without compensation
Thematic conferences - conferences are organized according to the current
issues and interest of the city and entrepreneurs
Improving the system of public procurement – presentation of annual city
public procurement plan, intention is to inform entrepreneurs on public
procurement rules and their procedures
Goal: improving access to finance
Program: “Guarantees for financing projects of small economies “
development and application of modern technologies and innovations in
order to increase the quality and competitiveness of entrepreneurial projects,
the guarantees are issued for the uncovered part of the loan.
City of Rijeka has provided the amount of 2.000.000 kuna for potential
guarantees and deposited them as the basis for issuing the guarantees for
the loans Erste& Steiermarkische Bank in the amount of 10.000.000 kuna.
Amounts of guarantees and entrepreneurial projects
- amounts of loans that are issued by guarantees can be of 35.000 to 400.000 kuna
- entrepreneurial projects are ranked according to priorities and cover the specific percentage of the loan:
- the goal of the Program is to provide financial assistance to entrepreneurs,
which intend to realize investment projects in function of urban tourism and
encourage the production
- in 2009 it will be provided the additional possibility of entrepreneurs in
the production sector: they could realise loans for permanent current assets to survive the recession conditions in the market and maintain the existing number of employees
- City ensured the amount of 1.000.000 kuna which will be successively and with
no interest deposited in the amount of one third of approved loans, BKS Bank
is providing the loan fund in the amount of 3.000.000 kuna with interest rate
of 6.3% fixed
- City will make further subsidize the interest rate with 1.5 percentage points, the interest rate for the end user of these loans will be 4.8%, fixed, the highest amount of loan can be up to 300.000 kuna, in exceptional cases even more.
Program "Poduzetnik 2“ – measure represents a
continuation of subsidizing the interest rate and cost
of credits from earlier loan program
New forms of financing promotion - measure is presentation of new forms of financing entrepreneurial projects through venture capital, business angels and the transfer of experiences and examples of good practice.
Goal :using city spatial and information facilities for start up and entreprenurship ideas realisation
"Entrepreneurial incubators " - City of Rijeka has 2 entrepreneurial incubators – incubator for manufacturing activities and incubator for services, contractors use commercial space total area of 5000 m2 and consulting services (search for capital, education), incubator space is designed for beginners and entrepreneurs who are in the phase of growth and development, incubation period lasts until 5 years, when it is considered that the potential for survival in the market is achieved
library, intention is to have in one place everything about
Local rates examption– as a benefit for investment made
through earlier programms
Award for contribution in the field of
- recognition for contributions in the fields of economy and promotion of the City of Rijeka
Development of social responsibility for
- entrepreneurs take the activities of solving the needs of local communities, they conduct the project using their own resources for increasing the quality of citizens life (arrangement of children's playgrounds, schools,health clinics, etc.)
- measure is following the positive examples of entrepreneurial projects and their work with the community. Through public information raises the overall level of entrepreneurial climate and culture.
Organization of team-building joint
Started as a partnership between London Business School and Babson College, it was initiated in 1999 with 10 countries, GEM 2008 conducted research in 43 countries (Angola, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina,Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, India, Iran, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Croatia,Dominican Republic, Hungary, Jamaica, Latvia, Macedonia, Mexico, Peru, Romania,Russia, Serbia, South Africa, Turkey, Uruguay, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom, United States
istraživanje i mjerenje poduzetničke aktivnosti, objavljueni rezultati istraživanja poduzetničke aktivnosti i kvalitete poduzetničke okoline kroz indikatore :
Imotivacijski indeks TEA Prilika/TEA Nužnost. Navedeni indeks govori o odnosu poduzetnika koji su u poduzetničku aktivnost ušli radi uočene poslovne prilike u odnosu na one koji su u poduzetničku aktivnost ušli radi nužde
Indeks motiviranosti prosjek GEM zemalja ** za Hrvatsku je 1,16
za Istru, Primorje i Gorski kotar 3,20 - 1. mjesto po motiviranosti poduzetnika u Hrvatskoj.
II stopa odrastanja izražena indeksom «odrastanja», koji govori o prijelazu «start up» poduzetnika aktivnih ispod 42 mjeseca, u status «odraslih», s poduzetničkom aktivnošću dužom od 42 mjeseca. Na nacionalnom nivou taj je pokazatelj 0,48 (od 100 poduzetnika, 48 ih "odraste"), dok je prosjek za GEM zemlje 0,81. Navedeno upućuje na mali broj poduzeća s potencijalom rasta, te da se poduzetnici proizvodima nedovoljno razlikuju od konkurencije.
Pokazatelj stope odrastanja za Istru, Primorje i Gorski kotar je 0,64, što također stavlja
ovo područje na 1. mjesto po stopi odrastanja poduzetnika.
Najveći utjecaj na indeks poduzetničke aktivnosti imaju uvjeti poduzetničkog djelovanja
raspoloživosti financijskih resursa
nedostatak obrazovanja usmjerenog na poduzetništvo.
Preporuke ove studije za Hrvatsku jesu:
razvoj kvalitete usluga za poduzetnike,
razvoj financijskog tržišta (neformalni investitori, fondovi rizičnog kapitala, garancijski fondovi, mikro kreditiranje),
jačanje poduzetničke kulture (obrazovanje, mediji)
jačanje učešća žena u poduzetničkim aktivnostima.
Iako su pokazatelji poduzetničke aktivnosti na području ove regije iznad nacionalnog prosjeka, za omogućavanje daljnjeg rasta potrebna je podrška lokalne sredine u kojoj poduzetnici djeluju. Tako je Grad RIjeka donio Opći program mjera poticanja poduzetništva na području Grada Rijeke.
Global Entrepreneurship Monitora (GEM) 2007.-2008.
For the purposes of GEM project, and based on the conceptual
research framework and holistic approach to the definition of
entrepreneurship, a set of indicators that measure different
aspects of entrepreneurial activity has been identified:
Indicators of total entrepreneurial activity in the life cycle of the
entrepreneurial process, from startup to maturity of the business
Nascent entrepreneurs (who decide to start a business venture)
New business owners (business owners whose entrepreneurial activity is measured by having paid salaries for more than 3 months, but less than 42 months)
Established business owners (business owners who are entrepreneurially active for more than 42 months)
business owners, measured by the ratio of the number of such
entrepreneurs (start-up) in the sample of the adult population,
aged 18 to 64, is expressed through Total Entrepreneurial
Activity (TEA) Index.
Indicators of motivation for entrepreneurial activity:
TEA Opportunity index: those who start entrepreneurial activity because they have perceived a business opportunity
TEA Necessity index: those who are pushed into entrepreneurship by the situation they found themselves in (they lost their job, could not find another job.)
From the tail to the first half, but still below the average of
GEM countries - which means that the various measures to
support entrepreneurial activities, provided results
TEA index (total entrepreneurial activity index) - % of
entrepreneurially active persons among adult population of
necessity based entrepreneurs)
this index is preferable to be as large as possible, because it means that there are a greater number of people who enter the entrepreneurial activity of their choice, not because it is a situation forced on it, Croatia still lags the average GEM countries.
(TEA index and Motivational index)
Regional differences were reduced – may interpret the
influence of different programs, but differences in the
motivation are still high
Source: Singer, S. Et al: What makes Croatia an entrepreneurial country, Results 2002-2005, CEPOR, Zagreb, 2006.; Singer, S. et al:
What makes Croatia an entrepreneurial country, Results 2008, CEPOR, Zagreb, 2009 (in printing).
City of Rijeka
Department of Enterpreneurship
HR 51000 Rijeka, Trg. Sv. Barbare 2, Hrvatska - Croatia