PSYC-465 practice test. Unit 3: Research Methods and Vision WARNING: questions may have more than one correct answer (answer key is on the last slide). Ch 6. 1. Humans can see electromagnetic waves of energy that have a length of_________. 40-90 nanometers 380-760 nanometers
Research Methods and Vision
questions may have more than one correct answer (answer key is on the last slide)
1. Humans can see electromagnetic waves of energy that have a length of_________.
2. The psychological correlates of wavelength and intensity are________, respectively.
3. The adjustment of pupil size in response to changes in illumination represents a compromise between________.
4. When rhodopsin is moved from the dark to intense light,_________.
5. The photopic visual system is characterized by_______.
6. Off-center cells include __________.
7. Hubel and Wiesel found that several neurons encountered along a(n) _______ electrode tract in the primary visual cortex had receptive fields in the same general area of the visual field and preferred straight line stimuli in the same orientation.
8. The ventral visual stream has been referred to as the _______ pathway, which flows from the primary visual cortex to the ventral prestriate cortex and finally to the ________ cortex.
9. Because of the phenomenon of color constancy, the color of an object_______.
10. The retinal ganglion cells _______.
11. The retina-geniculate-striate system________.
12. cones are to rods as________.
13. The M pathway for visual information is ________.
14. Prosopagnosia is ______.
15. Which of the following is a contrast X-ray technique that is used for studying the brain?
16. Which of the following is a neuropsychological tests are used to measure frontal lobe function in humans?
17. In many stereotaxic atlases of the rat brain, one common reference point is________.
18. Which of the following can be determined by extracellular unit recording?
19. The size and shape of a radio-frequency lesion is determined by _______.
20. Which of the following can be used to destroy neuronal cell bodies in a target brain area without destroying axons that are merely passing through the target area?
21. Invasive techniques used to study brain-behavior relations include________.
22. In stereotaxic surgery, the electrode is _______.
23. The __________ is used to measure blood pressure.
24. The paired-image subtraction technique involves ________.
25. The triple dissociation lesion study described in class _____________.
1.b 8.a 15.a,c 22.a,d
2.a 9.b 16.b 23.b
3.c 10.d 17.c 24.b
4.a,b 11.a,b,d 18.d 25.a,b
5.b,c 12.a,b 19.a,c
6.b 13.a,b,c 20.a
7.c 14.a,b 21.b,c