Role of social security disability attorney - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

role of social security disability attorney in getting ssd benefits n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Role of social security disability attorney PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Role of social security disability attorney

play fullscreen
1 / 3
Role of social security disability attorney
112 Views
Download Presentation
saratremellaw1
Download Presentation

Role of social security disability attorney

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. A Social security disability attorney is extremely helpful and is successful in obtaining the social security benefits for their claimants with disabilities. National statistics also reveal that claimants with legal representation have a substantial likelihood of receiving an award of disability benefits than those claimants who proceed without any attorney. Applying for social security disability benefits would be difficult, quite risky and daunting process. A missed deadline or unfavorable decision after the concerned claimant “date last insured” that has expired may mean that the claimant is forever forbidden from applying again. Hiring the services of social security disability attorney will ease the claimant’s way during the application and appeal process. When a social security disability attorney is hired, the concerned social security disability attorney will communicate with the claimants’ physician to obtain the helpful medical and legal evidence about their disability. The social security disability attorneys would usually develop a valuable physician questionnaire to enable their claimants’ physicians or doctors to meaningfully and easily support their (claimants) claim for Social Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) benefits. To be continued ……… Role of social security disability attorney in getting SSD benefits

  2. The social security disability attorney would do the following primary functions for their clients/claimants that include: • To advise the clients/claimants regarding the application processes, • 2. Appealing a denial if any, • 3. Review the claimant’s case to determine if the concerned claimant qualifies for an expedited decision, • 4. Preparing the claimants accompanying them for their hearing before the Administrative Law Judge and once approved the attorney would continue to advocate for their clients’ until they receive their retroactive and monthly benefits. These are some of the main functions of a social security disability attorney. • To be continued ……… Role of social security disability attorney in getting SSD benefits

  3. Role of social security disability attorney in getting SSD benefits Fees charged by social security disability attorney: Usually, the social security disability attorney would not charge fee until and unless their client/claimant has won the case and had obtained Social Security Disability benefits for their clients. Where the attorney wins the case, the fee is limited to twenty five percent (25%) of retroactive benefits. The Social Security Administration would automatically withhold the concerned social security disability attorney’s fee and will send the balance or remaining 75% of the claimant’s retroactive benefits. The claimant on winning the case would then begin receiving his/her full monthly Social Security Disability checks every month. However, social security disability attorney may charge an amount for incurring cost in obtaining medical evidence supporting their client’s claim. Nevertheless, this amount as charged is different from legal fees and is quite nominal or low in cost. Some social security disability attorneys’ may not charge at all for obtaining medical evidence from their clients/claimants.