American Revolution. 1775-1783. As a class I plan on covering the chapters that relate to the American Revolution thoroughly. Lecture will be involved but we will also do multiple interactive and activities in order to make learning more enjoyable. . State Requirements.
As a class I plan on covering the chapters that relate to the American Revolution thoroughly. Lecture will be involved but we will also do multiple interactive and activities in order to make learning more enjoyable.
• SS.O.10.5.7- Analyze, explain and sequence major events and ideas of the American Revolutionary War.
• SS.O.10.5.4 Justify how the effects of European empire building led to the American Revolution.
• SS.O.10.5.6 -Describe and analyze the content of the Declaration of Independence and explain the factors and events which led to its creation.
• 21C.O.9-12.2.LS.1- Student engages in a critical thinking process that supports synthesis and conducts evaluation using complex criteria.
• 21C.0.9-12.2.LS1- Student engages in critical thinking process that supports synthesis and conducts evaluation using complex criteria.
• 21C.0.9-12.3.LS2- Student interdependently considers multiple perspectives and can represent a problem in more than one way, quickly and calmly changes focus and goals as the situation requires, and actively seeks innovations (e.g. technology) that will enhance his/her work.
Independence from England!
-War on the home front
The next day we will watch a full documentary that covers the American Revolutionary War. There will be a pop quiz immediately following the documentary to insure student participation.
The class will be divided into two teams. There will be multiple topics that we have discussed as a class involved. Team A will take a colonists point of view towards the issue and Team B will be the exact oppisite. Each time an issue is addressed the teams will swap their points of view.
Following the debate the students will be given a few assignments to accomplish. I will hand out a crossword puzzle and word search that has vocabulary words that pertain to the American Revolution. They will also be given a topic from the debate that they will need to elaborate on in a one page paper. In order to get the students to use technology they will need to make a 5-10 slide PowerPoint on their topic that goes along with their paper. Finally I will hand out a study guide for them to use to study for the 20 question multiple choice test on Friday.