1. List three items that have special disposal concerns? • 2. Where do you take toxic automobile fluids? • 3. Quick accelerations can increase fuel consumption by apx. how many m.p.g.? • 4. What hours are circadian rhythm down time? • 5. Apx. what percent of all petroleum used in the U.S. is consumed by passenger vehicles?
6. How much is the uninsured motorist fee? • 7. What type of insurance helps protect you if you cause a crash? • 8. What type of insurance is required by law for motorists in all states? • 9. What is a deductible? • 10. Fire and theft and issues that are covered by what type of insurance?
11. List three factors that affect insurance premium rates? • 12. How does a driver become part of the assigned risk category? • 13. What should you do right after you are involved in a crash? • 14. What are the consequences for failure to pay the insurance premium? • 15. How can you reduce your insurance rates?
16. What discounts are available from insurance companies? • 17. List 3 vehicle options that can reduce insurance rates. • 18. What repairs does collision insurance cover? • 19. How does uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance protect you? • 20. Green fluid leaking from under the vehicle is probably what?
21. Where can a person find financing for a vehicle? • 22. When negotiating a price for a vehicle is it better to have cash or use a trade-in? • 23. Is the price of a new car negotiable? Does the invoice price include options? • 24. Should you have a mechanic inspect a used vehicle before purchasing it? • 25. Why do financial institutions require collision insurance on a financed vehicle?
26. What does a regional map display? • 27. What does a map legend show? • 28. On long trips a driver should take breaks how often? • 29. When driving alone a driver should not plan to drive more than ____ hours in one day? • 30. Apx. how many miles can a driver expect to travel in 2 hours? • 31. Most fatal crashes occur when?
32. How long before a trip should you have your vehicle serviced? • 33. You are planning to drive 500 miles and your vehicle gets 25mpg. If the cost of gas is $1.50/gal how much will it cost to take the trip? • 34. How and where do you dispose of used motor oil, antifreeze, brake fluid? • 35. Passenger vehicles consume what percent of all petroleum consumed in the U.S.?
36. You should have your car serviced approximately _______ ahead of time prior to taking a road trip. • 37. When do most fatal crashes occur? • 38. Will car top carriers increase the center of gravity? • 39. How many miles can you expect to travel in two hours on the interstate?