GROOMING. Apply techniques that improve the well-being of cats. Discuss the grooming practices for cats. Longhaired cats. p. 206. 1. Receive daily care to keep free of tangles and mat. (Proper bathing of a cat – tub filled only to 4” of water).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Apply techniques that improve the well-being of cats. Discuss the grooming practices for cats.
Longhaired cats p. 206
1. Receive daily care to keep free of tangles and mat. (Proper bathing of a cat – tub filled only to 4” of water).
2. Using a wide tooth comb, comb all areas of animal 3. Next use a small toothed comb.
4. Once all tangles are out, brush hair in opposite direction of growth occasionally sprinkle grooming powder .
Shorthair Grooming 1. rubber grooming brush 2. fine-toothed / flea comb 3. soft chamois, silk, nylon pad.
Longhair Grooming 1. Comb with two size of teeth (fine toothed and a flea comb). 2. Nail clippers
3. Grooming brush natural bristles (nylon causes static) 4. Grooming powder such as baby powder, talcum, or cornstarch.
How to groom longhaired cat 1. Using a wide-toothed comb, comb all areas of the cat being careful of sensitive areas of stomach, under tail and inside legs.
2. Once coat is free of tangles and mats, use fine-toothed comb to comb skin. 3. Brush in opposite direction of natural hair growth and sprinkle with grooming powder.
4. If fur is tangled or matted, use blunt-ended scissors to cut it out. 5. Check ears for signs of mites, a dark residue. Treat with eardrops from pet store.
6. Check teeth and gums. Dry food can clean teeth of tartar. Excessive tartar must be removed by veterinarian.
Cornish and Devon Rex coats are very delicate and easily damaged. Overbrushing can cause bald spots and hair breakage. • Always use a soft chamois, silk or nylon pad when brushing Siamese, Oriental Shorthair, Colorpoint shorthair and Burmese to avoid matting