Biodiversity and Conservation. Chapter 5. Section 1 vocabulary (2) . extinction, biodiversity . Extinction (116). Permanent loss of an entire species of organism from the biosphere. The Baiji white dolphin is one of the most recent species to fall victim to human civilization.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The Baiji white dolphin is one of the most recent species to fall victim to human civilization.
Native to the Yangtze River in China
A relative of the smaller manatee, the gentle sea cows were over 25 feet long and may have weighed as much as 10 tons.
2. What are two things that can happen in aquatic environments that can harm the habitats and threaten biodiversity?
3. With biological magnification, what level organism is most affected? The apex or top predator! Because it has to eat or consume the most!
4. Introduction of a non-native species into a habitat can do what? Threaten biodiversity!
6. DDT is an example of a chemical that is biologically magnified. What affect did DDT have on birds?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear fuels? Advantages: Not much waste and few CO2 emissions released, as well as, few other greenhouse gases
renewable or not? Not, uranium is not in limitless supplies
1. Policy regarding the environment must be related to how the environment is dealing with the processes. Explain what this means using an example of hunting policies.
Plan to support your choice of action