Union Avoidance 2009 8 December 2008. The Economic Impact of Unions. The economic cost of unions (determined by combining lost income & output over the period 1947 to 2000) exceeds $50 trillion Unionization lowers incomes over all
Research indicates that the cost of running a unionized operation is 25%
to 35% greater than for a non-unionized one $3.6M …
- Acts of violence
- False reporting
- Destruction of records
1st line supervisors in the bargaining unit…
- Best defense against union organizing
- Conflict of interest with company
- Major source of grievances
- Sets precedent for other exempt
employees joining the bargaining unit
1% reduction in taxable income if….MCFA’s benefit
Amends the charge filing periods….
An unlawful employment practice occurs when….
Requires employers to negotiate employee requests which relate to…..
- The cost of the change
- The financial resources involved
- The physical relationship of the facilities
- Impact on customers
- Other factors as determined by the regulator
Failure to approve an employees request could
trigger a federal investigation by the DOL…
- Mandated change in conditions of
Scores of other bills stalled in Congress….
- Leadership deficiencies
- Lack of trust in leadership
We must make two critical decisions…..
It’s imperative that we educate all employees regarding
MCFA’s position on labor unions & equip our leaders to
earn union free status.
This is a battle for the hearts & minds of our employees that
we must win. It’s all about trust.
- What do we need to accomplish by year end
- What do we need to accomplish by Q-1 end
- What do we need to accomplish for 2009