Lockview High School Tech Ed 9 Mr. Saunders. Syringe Robot Arm (SRA). Introduction:. A robot is a machine that can be programmed to perform a task. The word robot comes from the word robota in the Czechoslovakian language, which means slave-like work or forced work.
1. Within your design team decide how your robot will move the table tennis ball (“doits”). Research the Internet, textbooks, etc. for ideas
2. Discuss with your team all of the possible ways to "move" your “doits”.
3. Decide where point A (the place where the“doits” starts) and point B (the place where the “doits”will end up) will be in relation to each other. Does the “doits” have to move horizontally, vertically, both, etc.?
4. Begin sketching robot ideas. These sketches can be quick and simple ways of communicating your plan or design.
5. After selecting and refining your best design, draw it neatly and accurately. Be sure to include enough detail to build the robot as planned.
6. Have Mr. Saunders sign-off on your design.
Be sure that safety rules are followed while using tools and equipment in the lab.
8. After the robot is constructed, fill the syringes with water of different colours.
9. Write a program for your robot that will move the object from point A to point B. When the program is completed, test it and make any necessary revisions.
10. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of your proposal. The presentation should include: pictures, a demonstration of your robot, Lab Safety and program along with a description of any hydraulic, mechanical systems. *All design team members must participate in the presentation.
- Robot Design Sketches/Drawing 20 pts
- Robot Creativity/Originality 20 pts
- Robot Workmanship 20 pts
- Proposal Presentation 20 pts
Total = 100 pts
Syringe Robot Arm
DC (Direct Current) Circuit
*You will need to custom design and build a DC Circuit for your Robotic Arm.
*The circuit must operate a battery-operated device while the Syringe Robot Arm is working.
*Things like fans, lights, buzzers, horns, lazers, and any battery-powered device may be used. You design it and bring it in to be used on your robot.
*Switches, batteries, wires, connectors and dc-powered devices are you and your team’s responsibility to get and use.