Portfolio Committee on the Department of Police. Auditor’s General perspective 2 March 2010. Reputation promise/mission.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Auditor’s General perspective
2 March 2010
The Auditor-General of South Africa has a constitutional mandate and, as the Supreme Audit Institution (SAI) of South Africa, it exists to strengthen our country’s democracy by enabling oversight, accountability and governance in the public sector through auditing, thereby building public confidence.
- Existence of performance information
- Consistency of performance information between:
- Presentation in annual report
- Reliability of reported performance information
- The performance management systems
- Program 2 - Visible Policing
- Program 3 - Detective Services
- Program 4 - Crime Intelligence
- Program 5 - Protection and Security Services
To assist our financial auditors by reviewing the adequacy of
controls implemented by management over the financial and
performance information systems
The following risks were identified:
The following management processes will be audited: