Water Quality Testing. Ms. DC and Ms. Arya. What should we test our water for??. What is Turbidity?. Measurement of how clear the water is Unclear water is said to be “turbid.” Turbidity is caused by matter such as clay, silt, and other material in the water
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Ms. DC and Ms. Arya
1. Pour 25 mL of water into the turbidity beaker.
2. Use the Secchi disk to measure turbidity
1. Using the 25 mL from turbidity testing, pour 5 mL into a test tube.
2. Add one Phosphorus TesTab.
3. Cap the tube and mix until tablet dissolves.
Wait for 5 minutes.
1. Using the water from the turbidity experiment, pour 5 mL of water into a clean test tube
2. Add one Nitrate #1 TesTab. Cap the tube and mix until tablet dissolves
3. Add one Nitrate #2 CTA TesTab. Cap tube and mix.
4. Wait 5 minutes.
1. Pour 5 mL of water into the test tube.
2. Put one TesTab into the tube and dissolve the tablet.
3. Compare the color the water turns to the chart.
1. Pour 10 mL from the turbidity experiment into a test tube
2. Add one pH Wide Range TesTab
3. Cap the tube and mix until the tablet is dissolves.
4. Compare to color chart.