State Health IT Leadership. David N. Sundwall , MD State Coordinator for Health IT Chair, Utah HIT Governance Consortium Executive Director, Utah Department of Health October 7, 2010. Outline. e-Health = Utah Statewide Coordination of Federal Health Information Technology Funds
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
David N. Sundwall, MD
State Coordinator for Health IT
Chair, Utah HIT Governance Consortium
Executive Director, Utah Department of Health
October 7, 2010
e-Health = Utah
Statewide Coordination of Federal Health Information Technology Funds
Statewide Activities and Opportunities
Utah is a place where: Standard, safe and smart sharing of
accurate electronic health information
better health care,
lower cost, and
State Health IT Coordinator - State Lead and Oversight
Utah HIT Governance Consortium – Quarterly Coordination
Utah Digital Health Service Commission – Bi-monthly Updates
Utah HIT Governance Consortium
Utah Department of Health
Utah Association of Local Health Officers
Utah Chartered Value Exchange at HealthInsight
Utah Department of Insurance
Utah Department of Technology Service
Utah Health Information Network
University of Utah
Utah State Office of Education
Utah State University
3. Medicaid Planning Incentive Program to Support Provider Meaningful Use of HIT
4. Regional Extension Center for Utah & Nevada (REC) Technical Assistance for Providers to Implement EHR & cHIE (HealthInsight)
5. Beacon Community – Diabetes Care Improvement in SLC Metropolitan Statistical Area (SL, Tooele & Summit Counties) (HealthInsight and partners)
6. Health IT Workforce Development – Salt Lake Community College HIT Training
7. Use HIT to Coordinate Care for Children in Utah & Idaho (UDOH, UHIN)
8. Public Health Clinical Information Exchange with Providers (UDOH, UHIN)
9. Develop Health Information Technology and Exchange Infrastructure (DTS)
10. Use Health Data to Support Health System Transformation and Reduce Cost (UDOH)
How do we increase the level of clinician participation in statewide e-health initiatives?
How do we “meaningfully use” these new technologies?
How do we best use the new resources?
How do we make “e-Health=Utah” a reality?