Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
BP Inspector Vetting Seminar 25 th October 2007 INTERTANKO Ship Owners’ Perspective Capt Howard Snaith: Director Marine, Ports Terminal & Chemical Section. MISSION
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
25th October 2007
Ship Owners’ Perspective
Capt Howard Snaith: Director Marine, Ports Terminal & Chemical Section
“Provide leadership to the Tanker Industry in serving the world with safe, environmentally sound and efficient seaborne transportation of oil, gas and chemical products.”
VISION for the TANKER INDUSTRY
“A responsible, sustainable and respected Tanker Industry, committed to continuous improvement and constructively influencing its future.”
1. Be the representative forum of choice for all quality tanker owners and managers.
2. Enhance public and political awareness of the importance and positive performance of the tanker industry.
3. Promote balanced terms of trade and a competitive, transparent and sustainable tanker industry.
4. Lead the development, acceptance and implementation of uniform, worldwide international tanker standards
5. Lead in establishing and maintaining partnerships, cooperation and open and constructive dialogue with the relevant maritime authorities, organizations, associations and special interest groups.
INTERTANKO Members Goals
4 Regional Panels
Vetting Inspection Feedback Forms
“It isaccepted that interested parties wish to assure their corporate reputations and they have a right to expect their contractor to use their best endeavors to attain that level of service…but …the standard of observations needs to be maintained”.
Ask the Question not what you think the Question is.
Utilise your experience, keep observations factual explanatory and not interpretations.
“Yes” or “No” Answers by Inspectors:
As stand alone answers these can cause difficulties for the owner/operator if these are without suitable qualification.
The Benefits of the Close out Meeting:
- The inclusion of additional comments after the inspection; the number of observations/comments do tend to increase once the final report comes out, this;
The use of Cameras onboard Tankers!
How do you use Yours?
In cooperation with BP
Reports available on members website
Low Score reports of 1 or 2, INTERTANKO sends an automated email to the terminal requesting Terminal Comments