Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Social Networking to Support Researchers at Minority Serving Institutions. Marlon Pierce Community Grids Lab Indiana University. Acknowledgements. Geoffrey Fox (PI) Joshua Rosen (Developer) Siddharth Maini (Developer) Part of MSI-CIEC, an NSF OCI CITEAM Funded Project
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Community Grids Lab
Can Be Click-Tagged. Additional feeds easy to make with OpenKapow’s Robomaker.
Tag Cloud of Everything
Gives a list of most recent additions.
Not very well
You can Drag and Drop any menu items between left and right navigational menu
Dragged Recent Tags
Personal User Tags
Personalized Bookmarklet when you Login appears
Either Drag it into the Bookmark menu in Firefox or Right-click and “Book this Link”
algore nobel peace prize
Assign tags and Submit Query
Results are highlighted in bold and the corresponding user who owns the tag is also displayed
Searching the tag “research” gives a list of other users with this tag.
Click the user name to navigate to the profile.
Harvesting NSF information to seed the system with relevant proposal information.
You can start at a user or a grant
You find “which grants has this user worked on” or “which users worked on this grant”
In this way, you can find users by crawling from user to grant and vice versa
Also, you can use the tags to narrow your search (e.g. only large awards, only a certain directorate)
We are working on a system to use tags to successively refine searches.
Connotea used as a backing bookmark manager.
- Used in interface for animations and page loading
- PHP framework to facilitate uses of xml, databases, and various other functions
- Used to interface with database
- Being used for advanced animated effects and navigation interface
- a website that allows users to share classes and functions they created
- A ‘queue’ class was adapted for use in the NSF loader
- A ‘rssGenerator’ class is being used to create various rss feeds
- Allows the creation of navigation robots to create REST and RSS services
- Used in news rss feed and some other planned services
To send messages
Or some better way to communicate with groups or each other
Ontology tree for a common Tag Cloud