Welcome to River Gate Elementary’s Curriculum Night!. RGES and Class Expectations. Be Responsible Be Respectful Be Safe. Consequences and Rewards. Verbal Warning Time out (write a reflective paragraph about behavior) Loss of privilege Phone call home. Office referral. Rewards: Praise
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
A: 93 - 100
B: 85 - 92
C: 77 - 84
D: 70 - 76
F: below 70
Reading Language: Describe the theme of the story, describe a character in depth, Explain major differences between poems, drama, and prose, and refer to the structural elements of poems, Compare and contrast the treatment of similar themes and topics
Reading Information: Informational Text, making inferences, Main Idea, Summarize, Compare and contrast a firsthand and secondhand account of the same event or topic; describe the differences in focus and the information provided.
Reading Foundation: Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words, Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension, Read grade-level text with purpose and understanding.
Language: Grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc.
Speaking and Listening: Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 4 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
Steps to Great Reading Comprehension!
1. Read anything above the title. 2. Read the title.3. Read the questions and highlight key words. 4. Mark whether it is an "eye-ball" question (direct recall, can put finger on the answer in the passage) or a "thought bubble" question (have to be a detective to get answer by looking for clues in the passage)5. Read the selection and highlight anything that helps you answer a question. 6. Look at the answer choices beginning with D and move up. 7. Eliminate answers until you have the best answer left. 8. Mark your answer choice.
1) Website that teaches summarizing - http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/ela4/h/storysummaryl.cfm.
2) Reading Comprehension - http://pbskids.org/lions/stories/
3) Finding Facts -http://www.readwritethink.org/materials/factfrenzy/opening.html
4) Reading Comprehension Worksheets - http://www.rhlschool.com/reading.htm
5) Making Inferences and Drawing Conclusions - This is a GREAT site! http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/ela4/e/drawconclusionsp.cfm
6) Drawing Conclusions and Making Inferences - http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/ela4/m/drawconclusionsl.cfm
Mathematically Proficient Students…
Force and Motion
Matter: Properties of Change
Energy: Conservation and Transfer
Review of all previous units
** Chaperones needed