Am I a Soldier of the Cross (verse 1). Am I a Soldier of the Cross. 511. WORDS: Isaac Watts, Sermons, 1721-24 (1 Cor. 16:13). 1. Am I a soldier of the cross, a follower of the Lamb,. and shall I fear to own his cause, or blush to speak his name?. Am I a Soldier of the Cross (Verse 2).
Am I a Soldierof the Cross
WORDS: Isaac Watts, Sermons, 1721-24 (1 Cor. 16:13)
1. Am I a soldierof the cross,a followerof the Lamb,
2. Must I be carriedto the skieson flowerybeds of ease,
3. Are there no foesfor me to face?Must I notstem the flood?
4. Sure I must fight,if I would reign;increase mycourage, Lord.
5. Thy saints in allthis glorious warshall conquer,though they die;
6. When that illustriousday shall rise,and all thyarmies shine