Onward, Christian Soldiers (Verse 1). Onward, Christian Soldiers. 575. WORDS: Sabine Baring-Gould, 1864. 1. Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before. Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe; forward into battle see his banners go!.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Onward, Christian Soldiers
WORDS: Sabine Baring-Gould, 1864
1. Onward, Christian soldiers,marching as to war,with the cross of Jesusgoing on before.
Christ, the royal Master,leads against the foe;forward into battlesee his banners go!
2. At the sign of triumphSatan’s host doth flee;on then, Christian soldiers,on to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiverat the shout of praise;brothers, lift your voices,loud your anthems raise.
3. Like a mighty armymoves the church of God;brothers, we are treadingwhere the saints have trod.
We are not divided,all one body we,one in hope and doctrine,one in charity.
4. Crowns and thronesmay perish,kingdoms rise and wane,but the church of Jesusconstant will remain.
Gates of hell can nevergainst that church prevail;we have Christ’sown promise,and that cannot fail.
5. Onward then, ye people,join our happy throng,blend with oursyour voicesin the triumph song.
Glory, laud, and honorunto Christ the King,this throughcountless agesmen and angels sing.