Tel Aviv Art Year 2011 - 2012 in Honor of the Tel Aviv Museum of Art. Background. In 2011, Tel Aviv Museum of Art will open its new building – a unique iconic structure. The new building is already generating great excitement among art and architecture fans around the world.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
In 2011, Tel Aviv Museum of Art will open its new building – a unique iconic structure.
The new building is already generating great excitement among art and architecture fans around the world.
The museum's permanent collection will exhibit the most important and extensive display of Israeli art.
The city of Tel Aviv will celebrate the opening of the new museum and its art in Art Year – a year-long series of events, exhibitions, conferences and educational and community initiatives.
In the urban space: the Museum will serve as a hub and starting point for activities held by the art community, directed to the public at large
Creating and promoting collaborations with museums located in the Tel-Aviv area
There will be a special focus on contemporary art that highlights the nightlife of a city that never sleeps
The public at large (with an emphasis on younger crowds)
International visitors (curators, museum directors, art critics, gallery owners, tourists)
2. First peak: October 2011 – inauguration of the new building of TAMA and meetings of its Board of Governors
3. Winter events: art and culture in the city
4. Second peak: March 22-24, 2012 – Art Weekend – which will culminate with an open-air art show at the Museum campus
5. April – July 2012: art events and conferences throughout the city
Educational program –The Municipality’s Education Administration together with TAMA, will reinforce the bond between students and the Museum
Local and international exposure – for art and cultural institutions in the city, achieved through:
1. Municipal activities – All departments within the Municipality will collaborate for the Art Year
2. Activities in the public space – international signage, advertising
Wednesday, October 26, 2011 – International Press conference at the TAMA for the new building
The International Board of Governors will coincide with the Opening activities
Tuesday, November 1, 2011 – Symposium: Contemporary Museum Architecture, attended by international architects
Wednesday, November 2, 2011 – Opening of the Herta and Paul Amir building to the public
3. Winter Events: Art and Culture Activities Building and Convening the Board of Trustees – October 2011
4a. Second peak: Tel Aviv Art Weekend Building and Convening the Board of Trustees – October 2011
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Friday, March 23, 2012
Saturday night – March 24, 2012
5. Events and International Conferences - April-July 2012 Building and Convening the Board of Trustees – October 2011
A global contemporary art event will be held in Tel Aviv-Yafo
Studio spaces will be temporarily allocated to young artists
An outdoor site will be allocated for permanent exhibitions
Tour routes and cultural events tailored to tourists
Thank You! Building and Convening the Board of Trustees – October 2011