Post K-12 Readiness Research. Research . What’s Happening? What Do US Employers Need? What Do Colleges Need? What are Future Needs? How do we solve this?. What’s Happening?. We have low expectations for American students:
We have low expectations for American students:
Too many students Drop Out.
Dropping out has dire consequences for society…
What Deficiencies do Employers See?
Employers See Inadequacies in both Basic Skills and Applied Skills
Many Report “Deficiencies” in 3 Basic Skills:
1. Oral Communications* . . . . . . 95.4%
2.Teamwork/Collaboration* . . . 94.4
3. Professionalism/Work Ethic* . 93.8
4. Written Communications* . . . 93.1
5. Critical Thinking/Problem Solving*. . 92.1
6.Writing in English . . . . . . . . . . . 89.7
7. English Language . . . . . . . . . . . 88.0
8. Reading Comprehension . . . . . 87.0
9. Ethics/Social Responsibility* . 85.6
10. Leadership* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 81.8
Basic and applied skills rank ordered by percent rating as “very important.” Number of respondents varied for each question, ranging from 382 to 409.
* Indicates an applied skill
Highest Paying Jobs to 2018 in the USA
According to the US Federal statistics in employment projections to 2018, the US has only seven (7) job titles categories as Very High Wages:
Emerging Content Areas
While the graphic represents each element distinctly for descriptive purposes, the Partnership views all the components as fully interconnected in the process of 21st century teaching and learning.
What Colleges Want From Applicants:
How do we prepare students for college to address college admittance criteria?
The benefits conveyed by music education can be grouped in four categories:
1. Success in society
2. Success in school
3. Success in developing intelligence
4. Success in life
What is it?
Diploma Programme curriculum Programme model