Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Ph.D. Defense 08/19/2013. Wideband Cyclostationary Spectrum Sensing and Modulation Classification. Eric Rebeiz Advisor: Prof. Danijela Cabric UCLA Electrical Engineering Department. Wideband Cognitive Radio Concept & Vision.
Advisor: Prof. DanijelaCabric
UCLA Electrical Engineering Department
How can we achieve this goal?
Future Promise of Wideband CR
In order to achieve this vision, practical wideband spectrum sensing challenges should be considered
or the Spectral Correlation Function (SCF)
CAC at SCF
Modulation type determines the present cyclic features
Features at functions of and
What is the impact on sensing and classification?
where is the total sensing time
- M yields non-coherent integration
Term with N
Term with M
How to optimize M and N?
Multiple Frames (M = 10)
Single Frame (M=1)
where , are functions of the pulse shape filter, N and M
Under what ratios can we expect performance gains?
Most gains achieved when CFO is more severe than SCO
Cyclic detection not energy efficient in blind scenarios
For every SNR, there is a maximum CFO tolerable to meet Pc
Operating near the boundary of feasible region is most efficient
Def: IIP3 = Input power at which linear term power equals power of 3rd order term
How does the IMD term affect the sensing performance?
Cyclostationary Detection Energy Detection
What are possible compensation methods?
Accurate estimation of parameters needed for threshold setting
Actual IMD term , Estimated IMD term
DARPA CLASIC Program
My advisor & all faculty on my committee
Lab mates, most importantly Paulo & Fang-Li
Resulting IIP3 offset is 0.15 dB
- E. Rebeiz, A. Shahed, M. Valkama, D. Cabric, Spectrum Sensing under RF Non-Linearities: Theoretical Analysis and Compensation Algorithm, in preparation to submission to IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing
- E. Rebeiz, P. Urriza, D. Cabric, Optimizing Wideband Cyclostationary Spectrum Sensing under Receiver Impairments, in IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 2013
- E. Rebeiz, F. Yuan, P. Urriza, D. Markovic, D. Cabric, Energy-Efficient Processor for Blind Signal Classification in Cognitive Radio Networks, in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, 2013
- P. Urriza, E. Rebeiz, P. Pawełczak, D. Čabrić, Computationally Efficient Modulation Level Classification Based on Probability Distribution Distance Functions, IEEE Communications Letters, 2011
- P. Urriza, E. Rebeiz, D. Cabric, Multiple Antenna Cyclostationary Spectrum Sensing Based on the Cyclic Correlation Significance Test, in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 2013
- P. Sofotasios, E. Rebeiz, L. Zhang, T. Tsiftsis, S. Freear, D. Cabric, Energy Detection-Based Spectrum Sensing over Generalized and Extreme Fading Channels, in IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology, 2013
- P. Urriza, E. Rebeiz, D. Cabric, Optimal Discriminant Functions Based On Sampled Distribution Distance for Modulation Classification, accepted for publication in IEEE Communications Letters, 2013
- E. Rebeiz, A. Shahed, M. Valkama, and D. Cabric, Suppressing RF Front-End Nonlinearities in Wideband Spectrum Sensing, in Proc.IEEE CROWNCOM, 2013
- E. Rebeiz, P. Urriza, D. Cabric, Experimental Analysis of Cyclostationary Detectors Under Cyclic Frequency Offsets, in Proc. IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers,2012
- E. Rebeiz, V. Jain and D. Cabric, Cyclostationary-Based Low Complexity Wideband Spectrum Sensing using Compressive Sampling, in Proc. IEEE ICC, 2012
- E. Rebeiz, D. Cabric, Blind Modulation Classification Based on Spectral Correlation and Its Robustness to Timing Mismatch, in Proc. IEEE MILCOM, 2011
- E. Rebeiz, D. Cabric, Low Complexity Feature-based Modulation Classifier and its Non-Asymptotic Analysis, in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM, 2011
estimation of blocker strength