GENERAL STANDARDS. GENERAL STANDARDS. 1) The audit is to be performed by a person or persons have adequate technical training and proficiency as an auditor. 2) In all matters relating to the assignment an independence in mental attitude is to be maintained by the auditor(s).
1) The audit is to be performed by a person
or persons have adequate technical
training and proficiency as an auditor.
2) In all matters relating to the assignment
an independence in mental attitude is to
be maintained by the auditor(s).
3) Due professional care is to be exercised
in the performance of the audit and the
preparation of the report.
1) The work is to be adequately planned,
and assistants, if any, are to be properly supervised.
2) A sufficient understanding of internal
control is to be obtained to plan the audit
and to determine the nature, timing, and
extent of tests to be performed.
3) Sufficient Competent Evidential Matter
is to be obtained through inspection,
observation, inquiries, and confirmations
to afford a reasonable basis for an
opinion regarding the financial
statements under audit. (SAS #31)
1) The report shall state whether thefinancial statements are presented in accordance with GAAP.
2) The report shall identify those circumstances in which such principles have not been consistently observed in the current period in relation to the preceding period.
3) Informative Disclosures in the financial statements are to be regarded as reasonably adequate unless otherwise stated in the report.
4) The report shall either contain an expression of opinion regarding the financial statements, taken as a whole, or an assertion to the effect that an opinion cannot be expressed.
We have audited the balance sheet of ABC Company… for the year then ended… The financial statements of ABC Company as of December 31, 19x1, were audited by other auditors whose report dated March 31, 19x2, expressed an unqualified opinion on those statements.
Scope Paragraph - Same as Standard Report
In our opinion, the 19x2 financial statements referred to above present fairly...
First 3 Paragraphs - Same as Standard Report
Add Explanatory Paragraph:
The accompanying financial statements have been prepared assuming that the Company will continue as a going concern. As discussed in Note X to the financial statements, the Company has suffered recurring losses from operations and has a net capital deficiency that raise substantail doubt about is ability to continue as a goincg concern. Management’s plans in regard to these matters
are also described in Note X. The financial statements do not include any adjustments that might result from the outcome of this uncertainty.
We were engaged to audit the accompanying balance sheets of X Company as of December 31, 19x2 and 19x1, and the related statements… for the years then ended. These financial statements are the responsibility of the Company’s management.
No Scope Paragraph
The Company did nt make a count of its physical inventory… Further, evidence supporting the cost of propery & equipment… is no longer available…
Since the Company did nt take physical inventories and we were not able to apply other auditing procedures… the scope of our work was not sufficient to enable us to express, and we do not express, an opinion on these financial statements
Intro & Scope Paragraph - Same as Standard Report
As discussed in Note X to the financial statements, the Company carries its property, plant, and equipment accounts at appraised values, and provides depreciaiton on the basis of such values. Further, the Company does not provide for income taxes with respect to differences between financial income and taxable income arising from the use of, for income tax purposes, of the installment method of reporting gross profit from certain types of sales…
In our opinion, because of the effects of the matters discussed in the preceding paragraphs, the financial statements referred to above do not present fairly, in conformity with GAAP, the financial position of X Company … , or the results of its operations or its cash flows for the years then ended.