Gymnázium Jozefa Gregora Tajovského Banská Bystrica JOBS and EMPLOYMENT Romana Maľová 2011
1.Choosing a job Choosing a future career can be influenced by different factors : a) Some children look up to their PARENTS and want tofollow in their footsteps b) MONEY can also influence student´s decision c) students choose a certain job to obtain highSOCIAL STATUS d) students choose a profession,which they are INTERESTED IN e) PERSONAL QUALITIES of a student also play a vital role. It is important whether one is extrovert or introvert atc.
Jobs can be divided according to working time into the following: • Full-time jobs - usually it´s 8 hours a day. • Part-time jobs - you has more free time but earn less. • Permanent jobs - don´t finish after a fixed period. • Temporary jobs - you work for a company only for a limited period of time. • Seasonal jobs - working only for a limited period of time at specific time of the year. • Freelancers - those people work at home for different business partners on contractual basis
„Every person has to make a living by doing a job“ We can divide jobs into three groups : 1.1 First group contains jobs which we can callMANUAL 1.2 Second group is called MENTAL WORK. 1.3 Third group is MIXTURE of first and second group, or PHYSICAL JOBS but the most important thing for doing this type of job is TALENT.
2. Finding a job • Look at job advertisement • Register in an employment exchange • Ask friends if they know about job vacancies • Become self employed
3. Interview „The interview is very or the most important stage in the procedure of getting a job“ • dress up • calm down before the interview • to turn up at the interview a couple of minutes early • speak up and express yourself clearly • never make out
4. Amount and form of an income • Wage – money you are given weekly • Salary – money you are given monthly • Allowance/dole – money you are given from state when you are unemployed
5. Hiring to a job • You sign a work contract which clearly states the job description, duties and responsibilities, working time, salary and so on • Then you start working and you have to learn how to get on with your workmates.
6. Firing from a job • When your working position is not already necessary you are made a redundant • If you do not comply yours working obligations you can be given a sack
7. Unemployment • Today can be unemployed really everyone. Whether young people after ending theirs schools, people who lost theirs job. They all can be register in an employment exchange and wait or looking a job on their own .
7.1 Labour Market • The labour market is bigger for us, however there is a transition period with many EU countries • Young people travel to foreign countries • Unfortunately, many states do not accept our universities and if they do, it is pretty hard to get a job in some firm
7.2 Unemployment in Slovakia • We don’t have enough vacancies, salaries are low, income taxes and social deliveries are very high • problem in Eastern Slovakia, it is caused by the lack of good infrastructure and the lack of investments in the region
USED LITERATURE : • http://referaty.atlas.sk/cudzie-jazyky/anglictina/23433/jobs-and-employment(16.5.2011) • http://referaty.atlas.sk/cudzie-jazyky/anglictina/56689/jobs-employment (16.5.2011) • http://jobseekers.net/ (17.5.2011) • http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-5521514-unstable-tower-of-money.php (17.5.2011) • http://educhoices.org/articles/Online_Libraries_25_Places_to_Read_Free_Books_Online.html (17.5.2011) • http://fruitpicking-jobs.blogspot.com/ (17.5.2011) • http://praca.slovenskainzercia.sk/administrativa/inzerat/905310-zaujimava-praca-za-zaujimave-a-hlavne-naozajstne-peniaze-ponuka/ (17.5.2011) • http://www.saidaonline.com/en/news.php?go=newslist&catid=47&page=130&limit=10 (17.5.2011) • http://borat86.wordpress.com/2007/08/06/internet-stroj-na-urazanie/ (17.5.2011) • http://jonmell.co.uk/find-people-you-need/ (17.5.2011) • http://www.cne-siar.gov.uk/factfile/labourmarket/index.asp (17.5.2011) • http://yesvinay.blogspot.com/ (18.5.2011) • http://www.isdaryanto.com/technical-job-interviews (18.5.2011) • http://www.german-business-etiquette.com/19-job-interview.html (18.5.2011) • http://teambcspca.wordpress.com/2011/04/11/putting-the-fun-in-fundraising/ (18.5.2011) • http://www.affordableresumehelp.com/resources (18.5.2011) • http://www.wesleyancareers.co.uk/jobs2/whyjoinus_colleagues2.html (18.5.2011) • http://www.aktuality.sk/clanok/168121/novym-clenom-eurozony-od-roku-2011-aj-estonsko/ (18.5.2011) • http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-12436277-get-the-sack.php (18.5.2011) • http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/no-jobs-sight-and-unemployment-checks (18.5.2011) • http://st4tic.wordpress.com/2008/01/17/from-luxury-comes-tragedy/ (18.5.2011)