- UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA RESEARCHERS’ CONFERENCE 2012
- TOWARDS RESEARCH EXCELLENCE: TAKING SCHOLARSHIP IN NEW DIRECTIONS
Name : ___________________________________Position : _________________________________
Organisation : _____________________________
Address : _________________________________
Contact: (H/P) ______________ (O)____________
Fax : _____________ E-mail : _________________
To commemorate the launching and opening of its new Institute of Research Management and Monitoring building, the University of Malaya will be hosting its inaugural UM Researchers’ Conference 2012 on the 23rd & 24th April 2012.
- This conference showcases UM’s research niche areas that have the capacity to contribute to new methods of undertaking research. With such innovative forms of scholarship the University of Malaya will be well placed in its endeavour to be positioned in the top 50 universities in the world ranking by 2020. To realize this promotion of new form of scholarship, the University has made efforts to strengthen its research with the formation of research clusters and the allocation of large research grants for high impact research.
- Recognising the need to establish global networking, collaborative partnerships have also been forged with more than 100 international institutions working on diverse multidisciplinary topics from HIV-Aids, infectious diseases, biodiversity, nanotechnology to law, intellectual property, culture, religion, gender studies and poverty eradication studies. It is hoped that in the coming years, the University will see a further quantum leap in high quality research activity and publications as a result of the initiatives taken.
- Entrepreneurship is also strongly promoted in the University where innovative schemes managed by Centre for Technology Transfer & Commercialization
- will help create a society that is innovative and competitive on the international stage and contribute to the development of new technologies.
- As such UM is taking strides to ensure Malaysia becomes a more holistically developed nation, not only in science and technology and economically but also in social justice, ethical and moral values, quality of life, political stability and efficient government administration.
- The UM Researchers’ Conference 2012 provides a platform for discussion, sharing and the creation of new ideas and expertise in various fields to be shared between local researchers, the public, private and industrial sectors. Among the presenters are several of the University’s distinguished and award winning academics, including recipients of the Mahathir Science Award 2006 and the Merdeka Award 2010.
- The conference is made up of 6 sessions covering various aspects of research.
- The University of Malaya Research Roadmap
- The UM Higher Institution Centres of Excellence (HICOE)
- High Impact Research
- Multidisciplinary Research
- Commercializing Research
- Malaysian Studies
Registration Fee includes conference materials, tea breaks & luncheon. Payment can be made using crossed cheques , bank drafts or local orders made payable to BENDAHARI UNIVERSITI MALAYA to be sent to:
UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA RESEARCHERS’ CONFERENCE 2012
Secretariat UM Researchers’ Conference (UMRC)
Research Cluster Office
Level 7, Kompleks IPPP danMakmal
Participants are advised to register in advance, preferably before 1 April , 2012. Please fill in the entry form and submit to the Conference Secretariat.
UM Campus Community – F.O.C
Non UM Participants – RM 500
Non UM Participants (Student) – RM 200
University Of Malaya Researchers’ Conference 2012 Secretariat
Address: Research Cluster Office, Level 7, Kompleks IPPP danKemudahanMakmalPenyelidikanBerpusat, University of Malaya.
Tel : +603-7967 7805/ 7802/ 7806 Fax : +603- 7967 7813 E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.umrc2012.um.edu.my