Republic of Croatia. Workshop on Illegal Trafic Bratislava , 3 to 5 October 2006 Description of the Case of Illegal Traffic Authors: Vlasta Pašalić Anita Udovičić Melita Buljan. http:// www. mzopu .hr http://www.carina.hr. Republic of Croatia.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Workshop on Illegal Trafic
Bratislava, 3 to 5 October 2006
Description of the
Case of Illegal Traffic
Authors: Vlasta Pašalić
Contents of the Presentation:- Description of the case
- Inspection activities
- Involved governmental line bodyes
- Prosecution andpunishment
Factual description of the case
Crushed lead-acidbatteries packed in plastic bags
Relation to Basel Convention
In this case was contravened Basel Convention Art. 9.
par. 1. (a) without notification pursuant to the provisions of this Convention,
par. 1. (b) without the consent pursuant to the provisions of this Convention and
par. 1. (d) that does not conform in material way with the documents
A legal person shall be fined for misdemeanours in the amount of HRK 300,000.00 to 700,000.00 (about 41.000 to 96.000 Euro) if:
- the legal person imports hazardous waste,
- the legal person imports waste for landfilling and use for energy purposes,
- the legal person imports non-hazardous waste, which cannot be recovered according to the provisions of this Act,
- the legal person imports non-hazardous waste without having obtained the decision prescribed by this Act,
- the legal person exports hazardous waste without having obtained the decision l referred to in Article 50 of this Act
- the legal person transits hazardous waste on the territory of the Republic of Croatia without having obtained the decision of the Ministry
- the legal person is engaged in exporting non-hazardous waste without the prescribed certificate from the Ministry on registry into the Register of exporters of non-hazardous waste
- The prosecution lids Misdemeanour court.
- Prosecution process is still ongoing.