Welcome to Accelerated Analysis. Room 261 Michele Gooding E-mail …email@example.com. COURSE DESCRIPTION. This course is designed to provide a strong foundation in pre-calculus, mathematical techniques and applications to prepare students for advanced work in mathematics .
1st Semester: advanced algebra
2nd Semester: trigonometry, probability/statistics,
Students electing this course should have completed
Accelerated Algebra 2 and Accelerated Geometry with
*Goal is to take the AP Exam and place out of Calc 1 in college
*Goal is to gain exposure at a less demanding pace for preparation for taking
college calculus or for strong performance on your college’s placement test
C or D Accelerated Statistics
Grades will be weighted in the following categories:
You may access the parent portal for grade status.
1. Review and use your notes from class to refresh your memory on how to do the problems
2. Work on the assignment referring back to your notes frequently. Have your notes open and
next to you as you work.
3. Check answers to see which problems need to be reworked. Then, rework them using your
notes to guide you. Always ask yourself these questions first:
Am I on the right page?
Am I doing the right problem?
Did I copy the problem correctly?
Did I answer the question being asked?
4. Identify questions to be addressed in the classroom… circle problem, “X” them, list problem,
jot down specific questions.
5. Ask these questions in class.
6. Really listen to the answer, make corrections, make a note of the error you made, make a
change in your thought processand in your approach for success in future practice and on
upcoming quizzes and tests.
7. Make a personal note of your discoveries in your class notes.
8. After this, if you are still confused, attend clinic bringing the questions with which you are struggling.
e-mail is your BEST bet for initial contact