Twenty Questions Subject: Wolves
1. Do wolves attack if not bothered? • No. If they do not feel threatened they will not attack.
2. Do wolves come in all different colors? • Yes. Wolves can be red, white, black, gray and any number of shades.
3. Do wolves look like German Shepherds? • Yes, because German Shepherds are relatives of the wolves.
4. Why do wolves howl? • That is how they talk to each other,
5. How many pounds does a grown up wolf eat each day? • A grown up wolf will eat 10 to 20 pounds a day.
True or FalseWolves are the smallest dog in the dog family. • False. Wolves are the largest dog in the dog family.
8. What is the name of the order or position the wolves are in in their packs, usually decided by their strength? • Hierarchy
9. How old are wolf pups when they open their eyes? • Wolf pups open their eyes within two weeks.
10. What does canis mean? • Canis means dog.
12. How do wolves try to get #1 in the hierarchy? • Wolves in lower hierarchy fight the number one wolf.
13. Are wolves carnivores, herbivores, or omnivores? • All wolves are carnivores.
14. What does rufus mean? • Rufus means red.
15. What does lupus mean? • Lupus means wolf.
16. Are wolves loyal. • Yes, they are loyal.
17. Where can wolves live? • Wolves can live almost anywhere on big continents so they can migrate around.
18. What do wolves eat? • Wolves can eat anything from a mouse to a moose.
19. True or False. Wolves usually eat large hooved animals such as elk and caribou. • True
20. What does a full grown wolf weigh? • A full grown wolf can weight up to 175 pounds.