SAFETEA-LU in Montana. Montana did very well under SAFETEA-LU Authorized Program Increase over TEA-21 program of 42% Return on contributions to the Highway Trust Fund > 219% Contributions to the trust fund – Federal Fuel Tax Receipts SAFETEA-LU Nationally – $181.9 billion (’05 – ’09 hwys)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
So –Where is the Money??
Think of it as a refining process – FY ’06 as an example
For National Program
Reduced to reflect 87.1%
(set in annual Approps)
Core Program Apportionment
This is what we can spend
on MDT Projects!
FY 2003 Obligation Authority for Core Programs was $277 million
Approximately 70% of the projects named for Montana in Section 1702 were from MDT’s Core Program categories. The remaining 30% are directed to projects that are not MDT priorities.
Little Actual Program Growth in Spendable Dollars
When the obligation limit is taken into account – we see very little growth
Obligation limitation is 85% of Apportionment.
Years beyond FY 2009 estimates based on Highway Trust Fund balance projections
State Wide Funding Distribution
In SAFETEA-LU “the line” divides what counts against a
state’s guaranteed percent share of the program.
(S-323 Ekalaka to Alzada in MT)