Bored Pile Procedure. Content. Bored Pile Procedure : 1. Set up the Location of Bored Pile 2. Insert Casing 3. Drilling 4. Removing Slime 5. KODEN-Test 6. Insert of Steel Cage 7. Insert Tremie Pipe 8. Pouring the Concrete 9. Removing Casing Cycle Time of a Bored Pile.
Bored Pile Procedure :
1. Set up the Location of Bored Pile
2. Insert Casing
4. Removing Slime
6. Insert of Steel Cage
7. Insert Tremie Pipe
8. Pouring the Concrete
9. Removing Casing
Cycle Time of a Bored Pile
1. Set up the location of Bored Pile
We use Total Station instrument to survey each pile point.
use Vibrodriver or Vibrohamer to insert casing
Drilling Machine :
weight : 130tons
BG - 40 drilling depth : 49m
diameter : 3m
weight : 96tons
BG - 28 drilling depth : 39m
diameter : 2.5m
weight : 91tons
SD - 515 drilling depth : 36m
diameter : 2.5m
BG - 40
BG - 28
SD - 515
4. Removing slime
when finish drilling , we use Mechanical pump equipment to remove slime .
5. KODEN Test
KODEN test utilizes the principle of ultrasonic wave travel from sensor to the wall of drilled hole and reflect to the sensor through the bentonite slurry.
KODEN equipment consists of two parts, recorder unit and winch unit .
Recorder unit controls the operation and record the test result. On the other hand, winch unit lowers the probe (sensor) down the hole for ultrasonic reflection .
1. Remove any obstacle around the hole area in order that the test equipment can access to the hole .
2. Place the winch unit over the top of drilled hole or on the steel casing. Position the sensor (probe) at the center of the hole .
3. Lower the sensor into bentonite slurry. Hold the sensor at depth approximately 1 to 1.5m .
4. Restore the sensor to the starting position and perform the test.
Test results are presented in graphical plot and show characteristics below :
1. Profile along two perpendicular axes.
2. Average verticality of the hole.
3. Location or depth where abnormality
Occurs such as reduction in diameter,
or collapsed wall of the hole.
4. Depth of drilled hole.
6. Insert of steel cage
7. Insert Tremie
Type of tremie pipe :
we have 3 types of tremie : 1m, 2m and 3m Length
How to insert tremie pipe :
Use mobile crane to hang the hopper
Then connect each tremie pipe
After that put it into the bored pile hole
When we pour concrete, we have to bury
the tremie pipe into concrete as below :
8. Pouring the concrete
Quality of Concrete :
Max. size of Aggregate : 2.5cm
Workability : 55cm ( Flow )
Strength of concrete :
► Design strength : fck =300kg/cm² ( 28day’s cure concrete )
► Strength of mix ( Target Strength ) : according to the Standard Specifications of Concrete ( Korea Concrete Institute )
Strength of mix ( Target Strength )
So, for Actual Concrete Strength : 400kg/cm²
9. Remove casing