slide1 l.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
“Destination Heaven” PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
“Destination Heaven”

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 37

“Destination Heaven” - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 181 Views
  • Uploaded on

“Destination Heaven”. “If you read history you will find that the Christians who did the most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next . It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this.” (C.S. Lewis).

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about '“Destination Heaven”' - paul2


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
slide2

“If you read history you will find that the Christians who did the most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next.

slide3

It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this.” (C.S. Lewis)

slide4

Men’s Knowledge

“One day he (Einstein) was interacting with some of his brighter students about God and whether or not he exists.

slide5

Einstein then asked them this provocative question: “What percentage of the total knowledge of the universe do you suppose we now possess?”

slide7

The old physicist replied, “I think your guesses are high, but I will accept the figure of 2%. Now tell me, what are the chances that God exists in the other 98%?”

slide8

Built by God

“In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” (Jn. 14:2, KJV)

slide9

“Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.” (2 Cor. 5:1)

slide10

“For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.” (Heb. 11:10)

slide11

“Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.” (Heb. 11:16)

slide12

Built By Men

Largest Hotel Room:

Dynasty Hotel

(3,000 sq. m.)

slide13

Most Expensive Hotel Room:

MGM Hotel

(275,000 pesos a night)

slide14

Most Expensive House:

Mittal Home

(7 billion pesos)

slide15

Largest Castle:

Castle of Prague

(73,000 sq. m.)

slide16

Most Beautiful Castle:

The Windsor Castle

slide25

Matthew 13:44-46

“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.”

slide26

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.”

slide27

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

slide28

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

slide29

Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. (Heb. 12:1-3)

slide30

“But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ” (Phil. 3:20)

slide31

No More in Heaven

  • Death (Rev. 21:4)
  • Mourning (Rev. 21:4)
  • Pain (Rev. 21:4)
  • Tears or Crying (Rev. 21:4)
  • Hunger (Rev. 7:16)
  • Thirst (Rev. 7:16)
  • Sin (Rev. 21:27)
slide32

“Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul”

(1 Peter 2:11)

slide33

Pope Benedict XVI

“A Conservative and Hard Liner”

slide34

“Head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, the Vatican office in charge of enforcing church teaching.”

(Fox News)

slide35

“Has played the role of doctrinal watchdog at the Vatican since 1981… during the US election campaign, he called for pro-choice politicians to be denied Communion.” (BBC News)