Château de Cheverny. Laila Zaka. Period 3. Information about the Ch â teau.
Only a portion of the original fortified castle possibly remains in existence today. It is somewhat of a mystery, because to date there is no reliable way to prove whether or not a certain section is part of the original building. An ancient traveling artist captured the original castle in a drawing, but it contains no reliable landmarks, so the drawing offers no proof one way or the other.
*Count Hurault de Cheverny
*Its design is supposedly to be a reproduction of a Luxembourg Castle in the true French style favored by both Henri IV and Louis XIII.
1. In 1914, the owner opened the châteauto the public.
2. The interiors were completed by the daughter of Henri Hurault and Marguerite, Marquise de Montglas, by 1650.
3. Embark on an electric boat on its canal and discover the fauna and flora of the Cheverny estate (from April to November).
I think the architectural floor plan is very intricate, from the white stone carvings to the endless staircases and beautiful paintings hung throughout the chateau, this castle is truly a spectacle. But because it is so enormous, i would only live there if i had a maid because i can hardly handle 6 rooms as it is.
The grand salon which is located on the ground floor, was decorated by Marquise de Montglas. This spectacular room consists of a portrait of Jeanne d'Aragon, from the school of Raphael and a portrait of Marie Johanne de Saumery, comtesse de Cheverny by Pierre Mignard.
This room shows how the king’s rooms would be decorated with such fine a fine collaboration of tapestry and designs. Due to the copious amount of rooms in a château, not every one of them was so filled like the one above.
2. Who is the present owner of the Château?
3. Which castle was Cheverny’s style and architecture based on?
4. Which Belgium comic book creator used the Château in his book "Château de Moulinsart"?
1. In the Loire Valley in France
2. Marquis de Vibraye
3. Luxembourg Castle
5. The ground floor