personal librarian program @ yale n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Personal Librarian Program @ Yale PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Personal Librarian Program @ Yale

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 5

Personal Librarian Program @ Yale - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 79 Views
  • Uploaded on

Personal Librarian Program @ Yale. R émi Castonguay 15 Oct. 2010. A fresh perspective on outreach. Make our services more personal Students like it!. Why do it ?. Each Yale freshman gets a “Personal Librarian” PL is available throughout the year for research help

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Personal Librarian Program @ Yale' - parson


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
personal librarian program @ yale

Personal Librarian Program @ Yale

Rémi Castonguay

15 Oct. 2010

why do it

A fresh perspective on outreach.

  • Make our services more personal
  • Studentslikeit!
Why do it?
program description

Each Yale freshman gets a “Personal Librarian”

  • PL is available throughout the year for research help
  • One librarian runs the program and writes monthly email messages
  • Students get in touch with their PL via email and in person. 
  • When students declare a major (after 2 years) they are officially introduced to their Subject Specialist and the PL stops acting as their primary contact. So for example I inherit all the new music majors.
Program Description
some stats

27 librarians participating (Participation is voluntary)

  • This freshman class is 1,344 students; each librarian has an average of 50 students. 
  • Last year each librarian spent an average of 3 hours *over the entire academic year*
  • Each transaction with a student lasted on average 23 minutes
  • Students love us – in a survey, 92% of respondents thought the frequency of letters from us was “just right” and the remaining 8% wanted MORE!
SomeStats
thank you

Contact: remi.castonguay@yale.edu

  • Program coordinatorat Yale:
    • Emily Horning; emily.horning@yale.edu
THANK YOU!