Postsecondary Education Administrative Data and Data Tools. Susan Aud, Ph.D. National Center for Education Statistics Institute of Education Sciences U.S. Department of Education May 18, 2014. IPEDS Overview Purpose of the Study.
Susan Aud, Ph.D.
National Center for Education Statistics
Institute of Education Sciences
U.S. Department of Education
May 18, 2014
What is College Navigator?
• A free consumer information tool
• Designed to help students, parents, high school counselors, and others get information about approximately 7,000 postsecondary institutions in the US and other jurisdictions
• Located at: http://collegenavigator.ed.gov
Offers institutional information such as:
– On every page
– Use name or AKA
– New search options
– Up to 4 institutions
– Save up to 15 institutions from different searches
– Email link sent to user
– Search results can be exported to other formats such
is displayed along
with a Google map.
are available by
clicking on the plus
You can return to
your search results
by clicking on “Back
These data are made available to students and parents through the College Navigator college search Web site and to researchers and others through the IPEDS Data Center.
The IPEDS Trend Generator is a quick and easy way to see trends in IPEDS data over time.
Results can be “limited” by a second variable, shown over time, or used to build a table.
NCES already has thousands of tables available and they can be searched by topic.