高考语法复习. 情 态 动 词. 1. 情态动词的考点 1 、 can; may; must should; need 等表示判断及 推测； 2 、 shall; should 的特殊用法； 3 、情态动词的应答策略； 4 、对过去的判断或推测； 5 、 dare; need 的用法特点。. 2. 情态动词的用法特点 1 ） 情态动词不能表示正在发生或已经发生的事 情，只表示期待或估计某事的发生。 2 ） 情态动词 除 ought 和 have 外，后面只能接不带
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
情 态 动 词
1、can; may; must should; need 等表示判断及
2、shall; should 的特殊用法；
5、dare; need 的用法特点。
情，只表示期待或估计某事的发生。2） 情态动词 除 ought 和 have 外，后面只能接不带
to 的不定式。3） 情态动词没有人称，数的变化，即情态动词第
2. There _________ be any difficulty about passing the road
test since you have practiced a lot in the driving school. （05上海卷）
A. mustn’t B. shan’t C. shouldn’t D. needn’t
A. must B. need C. should D. can
4. Johnny, you _______ play with the knife, you _______ hurt
yourself. (N 1996)
A. won’t, can’t B. mustn’t, may
C. shouldn’t, must D. can’t, should
---- I’m not sure. I _____ go to the concert instead. ( N 2000)
A. must B. would C. should D. might
6. Mr. Bush is on time for everything. How _____ it be that he
was late for the opening ceremony? (2001上海春季)
A. can B. should C. may D. must
--- He should, but he ______ not. He likes driving his car.
A. must B. can C. need D. may
8. --- I heard they went skiing in the mountains last winter.
--- It _________ true because there was little snow there.
A. may not be B. won’t be
C. couldn’t be D. mustn’t be
take me as well.
--- It ________ a comfortable journey. (N 1995)
A. can’t be B. shouldn’t be
C. mustn’t have been D. couldn’t have been
4. Susan_______ written a report like this. (1995上海)
A. can have B. mustn’t have
C. can’t have D. ought to not have
A. mustn’t have arrived B. shouldn’t have arrived
C. can’t have arrived D. needn’t have arrived
6. --- I stayed at a hotel while in New York.
--- Oh, did you? You______ with Barbara. (N 1998)
A. could have stayed B. could stay
C. would stay D. must have stayed
4. shall; should managed to的特殊用法
1. It has been announced that candidates ____ remain in their
seats until all the papers have been collected. (2002上海)
A. can B. will C. may D. shall
2. It’s nearly 7:00. Jack _____ be here at any moment. (N 95)
A. must B. need C. should D. can
--- They __________ be ready by 12:00. (N 1998)
A. can B. should C. might D. need
4. You can’t imagine that a well-behaved gentleman _____ be
so rude to a lady. (2001上海)
A. might B. need C. should D. would
5. managed to情态动词的应答
1. --- Shall I tell John about it?
--- No, you ______. I’ve told him already. (N 1994)
A. needn’t B. wouldn’t C. mustn’t D. shouldn’t
2. --- Could I call you by the first name?
--- Yes, you__________. (1998上海)
A. will B. could C. may D. might
3. --- Will you stay for lunch? managed to
--- Sorry, _____. My brother is coming to see me. (N 1999)
A. I mustn’t B. I can’t C. I needn’t D. I won’t
4. ---- Write to me when you get home.
---- __________. (2001北京春季)
A. I must B. I should C. I will D. I can
6. managed to情态动词的其它一些用法
1. I wonder how he _______ that to the teacher. (1996上海)
A. dare to say B. dare saying C. not dare say D. dared say
2. The fire spread through the hotel very quickly but everyone
______ get out. (N 1997)
A. had to B. would C. was able to D. could
3. When he was there, he _______ go to that coffee shop at
the corner after work every day. (1996上海)
A. would B. should C. had better D. might
Good-bye! managed to