El p retérito y el imperfecto. You learned to use the preterite tense to talk about actions completed in the past. The imperfect tense describes events that occurred in the past. The imperfect is used: To speak about background events in a story
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
You learned to use the preterite tense to talk about actions completed in the past. The imperfect tense describes events that occurred in the past.
The imperfect is used:
To form the imperfect tense, you take the root of the verb (before the –ar, -er, or –ir ending) drop the ending, then add the following:
-AR verbs -Er / -IR verbs
2.My little brother always told jokes. There was much laughter!
3.Did you climb trees or did you jump rope yesterday?
4. My little sister always built with blocks. She was creative.
5.My best friend (fem) was animated and sociable. ______________________________________________________________________________________
6.I liked school a lot (watch out, think about gustar and how it would be conjugated for one item) and I got good grades. It was really easy! ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
7. When my great-grandmother was little, her family was poor, but they were happy. ______________________________________________________________________________________
8. Last week all my relatives came to the party to celebrate my birthday. ______________________________________________________________________________________
10. My mother was successful in returning (to return) to work after having my sister.
11. I was always embarrassed in school and my face was always red.
13. My sister’s boyfriend was jealous when she spent time with her friends.
14. In school, my sister was shy, but at home, she was fun and animated.
Cuandoyo 1.___________(ser) joven, mi mejoramiga 2. _______________(llamarse) Yolanda, perosuapodo 3. __________________(ser) Yoli. Yoli y yosiempre 4. _____________ (andar) juntas.
A nosotrasnos 5. ______________gustar) hacerlasmismascosas. Porejemplo, a ella le 6.______________ (gustar) escribircuentos y a mi me 7. _______________(gustar) escribirpoemas. Yo 8.___________________(compartir) mis ideas con ella. Ella me 9._______________(influir) mucho.
Un díaYoli10. _____________(estar) en mi casa cuandome 11. ____________(decir), “¿Porqué no vamos al centrocomercial?” Aunque me
12. ______________(parecer) buena idea, yo 13.____________(saber) que no 14.___________ (poder) ir sin pedirpermiso a mis papas. Peromispapás 15. ______________(estar) en el trabajo. “¡Anda, vamos!” me 16._______________(repetir) hasta que me 17._______________(convencer).
Al llegar al centrocomercial, la primera persona que 18.______(ver) 19._____________(ser) mi tía. Mitíainmediatamente 20._____________(llamar) a mis padres paradecirlesque 21._________________(estar) fuera de casa sin permiso.Esedía, 22. __________ (resolver) jamáshacerlecaso a Yoli.