Rivier College, CS699 Professional Seminar Introduction to the Gigabit-Ethernet by Yun Qi Source : http://www.mcinfo.com What is Gigabit Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet is an extension to the 10 and 100 Mbps IEEE 802.3 standards.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Carrier Extension
- Packet Bursting
Gigabit Ethernet Protocol Architecture
- PCS (Physical Coding Sublayer)
- PMA (Physical Medium Attachment)
- PMD (Physical Medium Dependent)
Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- Gigabit Ethernet provides high speed server access.
- Gigabit Ethernet lacks the ability to control QoS at the hardware level.
- Gigabit Ethernet experiences inherent redundancy.