American Government POLS 1101 Instructor: Mr. Mancill Chapter 7: Interest Groups and Political Parties Interest Groups in American Politics This chapter examines the role that interest groups and political parties play in the American political system.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Instructor: Mr. Mancill
2. Social (gender, race, and ethnic discrimination, economic advancement)
3. Religious (religious freedom)
4. Ideological (impact of specific public policy)
5. Single-Issue (narrow agenda, limited goals)
6. Public Interest (Broadly defined consumer and general welfare goals)
Interest groups want to influence, while political parties want to control government
1. Socialization functions
2. Electoral functions
3. Governmental functions