1. Which slowspeed contra-angle has the largest hole for seating the bur?a. friction gripb. latch hook
3. The burs in the following picture are used to:a. prepare class l molar preparationsb. finish and contour composite restorations. c. prepare class lll preparations
4. Which of the following burs would best be suited to polish amalgam restorations?
B. C. A.
5. The instrument pictured in the following slide is primarily used to:a. excavate caries from a preparationb. carve amalgam restorationsc. carve composite restorations
6. Identify the equipment pictured in the next slide and describe it’s use in the assembly of the slowspeed handpiece
8. The instrument in the previous slide is most often used with what type or restorative material? a. amalgam b. composite c. gold
9. Which of the following instruments is an interproximal carver?
a. b. c. d.
10. Which of the instruments pictured in the next slide would be classified as a burnisher?
a. b. c. d.
11. Which of the instruments pictured in the following slide is a Hollenback carver?
a. b. c. d.
13. Which of the instruments below is primarily used to hold articulating paper? a. b.
14. The contra-angles for the slowspeed handpiece attach directly to: a. the straight nose cone b. the short nose cone c. the torque multiplier d. the motor
15. The periodontal probe is marked in: a. 1 mm intervals b. 2 mm intervals c. 3 mm intervals
16. The slowspeed handpiece operates at speeds below 12,000 rpms, while the highspeed handpiece turns at a rate of approximately 100,000 rpms. a. True b. False
17. Both handpieces are powered by: a. steam powered turbines b. lithium ion batteries c. compressed air turbines d. electric powered turbines e. internal combustion engine
18. The instrument pictured is used to: a. tighten the slowspeed swivel to the slowspeed motor b. attach the slowspeed motor to the straight nose cone c. tighten a contra-angle to the short nose cone
19. The primary use of the instrument pictured is: a. excavation of caries. b. carving composite restorations c. carving amalgam restorations
Identify the following instruments: 21. 22. 20.
23. The instrument used to hold amalgam while it is loaded into an amalgam carrier is referred to as: __________.
24. List one dental instrument in your operative pack named after a person.
1. Chinese- Mandarin 2. English 3. Hindustani 4. Spanish 5. Russian 6. Arabic 7. Bengali 8. Portugese 9. Malay-Indonesian 10. French