SUBJECT AUTHORITY COOPERATIVE PROGRAM GUIDELINES SUBJECT AUTHORITY COOPERATIVE PROGRAM The Subject Authority Cooperative Program (SACO) was established to provide a means for libraries to submit subject headings and classification numbers to the Library of Congress. SACO: REQUIREMENTS
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Participants should have access to the online Library of Congress authority files, both for name authorities and subject authorities.
2. Required documentation for subject headings:
Patterns should only be cited to substantiate:
1. A topic with an adjectival qualifier (to demonstrate that the heading in question has been analogously qualified and that the qualifier has been used )
2. When establishing a non-free-floating subdivision
3. When establishing a "... and ..." or "... in ..." headings or headings always constructed according to a standard pattern
4. When establishing a heading with a parenthetical qualifier