Unit 1 Star Signs. Grammar (1). It + be + adj. + of sb to do sth. It + be + adj. + for sb. to do sth. Use the words in brackets to rewrite the sentences:. (kind). 1. Jim took the homeless cat to the Animal’s Center. 2. Sam ate up the whole cake himself.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
It’s kind of Jim to take the homeless cat to the Animal’s Center.
It’s selfish of Sam to eat up the whole cake himself.
It’s honest of Mary to tell her teacher that a mistake in her paper hadn’t been found out.
It’s stubborn of Tomnotto change his mind.
It’s kindof Jim to take the homeless cat to the Animal’s Center.
It’s selfishof Sam to eat up the whole cake himself.
It’s honestof Mary to tell her teacher that a mistake in her paper hadn’t been found out.
It’s stubbornof Tom not to change his mind.
She is creative to think of the idea.
Finishing/To finish the task today is impossible.
Being/To be a top student in such a short time is not easy for you.
1. It is kind of you to help me with my work.
2. It is necessary for you to bring an umbrella with you.
1. It is not good ____ (of, for) you to read
in the sun.
2. It is silly ____ (of, for) Simon to make
such a mess.
3. It is necessary ____ (of, for ) them to
support and help each other during the
1. My sister is very kind. She likes to
take care of others.
It is very _____ ____ my sister _____
____ care of others.
kind of to
2. They are very generous to give each of us a gift.
It is ________ ______ them _______ _____each of us a gift.
generous of to give
3. Donating money for the elderly is very
meaningful for us.
It is __________ ____ us______
______money for the elderly.
4. It is very important for us to pay
attention to every detail.
_______ attention to every detail is very
important for us.
It is kind of Simon to help his teachers a lot.
Simon is so kind that he helps his teachers a lot.
Simonis kind enough to helphis teachers
Subject(主语)+be +adj.+enough + to do sth.
1. He was so lucky that he got Jay Zhou’s signature.
He is ______ ________ _____ ______ Jay Zhou’s signature.
It is _______ ____ him _____ ______ Jay Zhou’s signature.
2. He is too young to join the army.
He is ______ _______ ________ to join the army.
He is ______ _______ ________ he can’t join the army.
3. Tina is so kind that she always helps her friends in need.
Tina is ______ ________ ____ _______ her friends in need.
It is _______ ____ Tina _____ _______ her friends in need.
4. Peter is too weak to carry that heavy box.
Peter is _____ weak ______ he can’t carry that heavy box.
Peter is _____ _______ _______ ____ carry that heavy box.
5. My grandmother is practical enough to make all kinds of paper-cuttings.
My grandmother is ______ _________ _______ she can make all kinds of paper-cuttings.
It is __________ ____ my grandmother _____ ________ all kinds of paper-cuttings.
6. Andy is too short to reach the apples.
Andy is ___ _____ _______ to reach the
Andy is ___ ______ ____ he______
reach the apples.
so short that
7. It’s very kind of you to tell me this news.
You are _____ ______ to tell me this news.
8. David is curious. He asks his parents
many questions every day.
David is ______ ______ ____
___ his parents many questions
9. Kitty is clever enough to make all
kinds of kites.
Kitty is ___ ______ _____ she
____ ____ all kinds of kites.
so clever that
1. Sandy is enough patient to wait for us for two hours.
2. It is good of you to take this medicine.
3. The stars are not near enough to see them.