Poverty Analysis and Data Initiative (PADI). Capacity Enhancement Program of WBI To Support a Network of researchers, policymakers, and data producers Shahid Khandker, Lead Economist, WBI. Poverty Analysis and Data Initiative (PADI): What it means.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Capacity Enhancement Program of WBI To Support a Network of researchers, policymakers, and data producers
Lead Economist, WBI
1. Enhance in-country analytic capacity in poverty measurment & diagnostics, poverty monitoring, and impact evaluation
2. Strengthen in-country statistical capacity in improved poverty data collection, management and dissemination
3. Improve quality of and timely access to poverty data.
4. Enhance in-country policy research on poverty reduction and program impact evaluation, and
5. Promote evidence-based policymaking
Data is necessary but not sufficient for linkage of analysis to policymaking:
Poverty Measurement and Diagnostics
Strengthening national capacity in poverty measurement and diagnostics; provides baseline for monitoring and evaluating the outcomes of the PRS.
Strengthening the monitoring systems, follow established indicators of progress and development identified initially with reference to baseline
Strengthening national capacity to carry out both ex-ante and ex-post impact evaluation of the poverty and social impact of projects, programs, and policies.
Better Data Collection and Dissemination Strategy
Supports all of the above, via specific tools, techniques and procedures