Ice breaker. Bilab ial sound (兩脣音 )([ b],[p],[m] ) ( 양순음 ). Two. Lip. Presentated by sun hong Hwang. Constructivism. Together build Kant, Giambattista Vico Kunh(1970): “Paradigm shift” Wittgenstein(1986): “Language game”
1. To understand and share different viewpoints about the situation. vs
To discover a single, objective reality
2. Context is unique to that situation. vs
Context is stripped away to get at the
3. Values affect the outcome of any inquiry. Vs value-free inquiry.
1.John Dewey(1916) : Situated learning and learning by doing.
2.Jerome Bruner(1966) : Discovery learning.
3.Vygotsky : Learning by collaboration.
4. Lave & Wenger : Learning by coparticipation.
2. The problem is that students discover what teachers ask them to discover.
3. C: Think of “discover” as “invention”, a personal construction.
1. Zone that learners can solve the problem only with adult guidance or in collaboration with more capable peers. – “joint” cognition.
2.C:Focus moves from how we teach to how we design a learning environments
2. It suggests a guiding and teaching of the learner toward some well-defined end. “Structural” metaphor
3. C: It must be viewed as a learning environment- as supporting the growth of the learner.
A teacher as a coach provides the scaffold for the learner. This is becoming common rhetoric in instructional theory, and the constructivist “movement” has been a primary stimulus for this shift in teacher/trainer role.
2. C: Learners are people who control their learning.