Chapter 9. Functional and Curriculum-Based Assessment. Functional Behavioral Assessment. “proactive approach to program planning …link to intervention based on the purpose of the student’s behavior …” (Barnhill, 2005, p. 132)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Functional and Curriculum-Based Assessment
“proactive approach to program planning …link to intervention based on the purpose of the student’s behavior …”
(Barnhill, 2005, p. 132)
“…methods for gathering information about antecedents, behaviors, and consequences …to determine the reason or purpose of behavior.”
(Gresham, Watson, & Skinner, 2001, p. 156).
Behavior may serve a need for…
1. A basic understanding of behavior
2. Identifying target behavior
3. Observing and collecting baseline data
4. Identifying setting events and/or antecedents of behavior
5. Identify the consequences maintaining the target behavior
6. Identify the function or purpose of the target behavior
7. Identify replacement behaviors
8. Develop Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)