PRESENTATION ON. WOMEN: KNOW YOUR RIGHTS ITS YOUR FUTURE LEGAL RIGHTS OF NURSES IN CLINICAL AREAS . PRESENTATION BY. Miss. SONAM PANDEY B.Sc. Nursing I Year People’s College of Nursing Bhopal. TOPICS OF DISCUSSION :. INTRODUCTION. DEFINITION. RULES FOR NURSING PRACTICE.
WOMEN: KNOW YOUR RIGHTS ITS YOUR FUTURE
LEGAL RIGHTS OF NURSES IN CLINICAL AREAS
Miss. SONAM PANDEY
B.Sc. Nursing I Year
People’s College of Nursing
The expanded role of the nurses require a higher level of education, knowledge , skill and decision making capabilities.
Knowledge of legal aspects in nursing is absolutely essential for each nurse to safeguard self and clients from legal complications. Consumers are becoming increasingly aware of their legal rights in the health care, therefore that a nurse should know her legal rights ,professional boundaries and consequences of nonconformity
1. CREIGHTON – “Those standards of human conduct established and enforced by the authority of an organized society through its government.”
2.HAMLET AND ELLAN- “Sum total of manmade rules and regulations by which society is governed in formal and legally binding manner.”
In nursing practice its means the way in which you are obligated to obey the in professional activities. Disobedience of the law results in punishment.
1. To exercise a reasonable degree of skill and knowledge in treating patients the standard held is that exercised by other reputable members of the same profession in similar circumstances.
2. Once a relationship of a patient has been established, there is an obligation to attend a patient as long as necessary unless the patient requests withdrawal of notice is given of intention to withdraw.
2. LEGAL LIABILITY/ ACT OF NEGLIGENCE
3. MEDICO-LEGAL CASE [MLC]
a. Road traffic accident
b.Suicide and homicide
c.Burns,poisoning, rape victim
5. CORRECT IDENTITY
6. LEFT AGAINST MEDICAL ADVICE [LAMA]
7. CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 1986