MEDICOLEGAL ASPECT OF ER PRACTICE PREPARED BY ABU GHARBIEH MAZEN, MD. EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT MAKASSED HOSPITAL JERUSALEM. Palestinian laws Standard medical practices. ER Physician health care providers. Obligate. ACT. patients. Interface within the context of the
within the context of the
legal and justice systems
Care providers know ?
Rights of the
To be transferred to another facility, providing the transfer is medically permissible, and the facility has agreed to accept the patient.
NON – TOXIC
that society places on them and be prepared to
provide competent, professional testimony when
of this evidence.
circumstances of the death.
Are not a factor in determining whether the death should be reported
to the law authority.
CPR is part of their job
1. The victim's breathing & heart beats begin on their own.
2. Until other rescuers take over your effort.
3. Until you are exhausted & unable to continue.
4. Obvious signs of death are apparent.
5. A medical professional tells you to stop.