In Question How many atoms of each element are in each compound? KBr… How many K? Br? H 2 O 2 … H? O? NaBO 3. JUST DO IT 4.2.13. Daily Riddle. Today in your notebooks. Mixtures (Right). Mixture: two or more elements in which a physical change takes place. (Chem change = compound)
Mixture: two or more elements in which a physical change takes place. (Chem change = compound)
2) Homogenous: the same uniform appearance and composition throughout (solutions)
Heterogeneous visibly different substances or phases. (suspension)
3) Solution a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances. A solute is dissolved in a solvent in a physical change. These substances do not undergo a chemical change, and they can be separated again.
2) What are the two different types of mixtures?
3) What is a solution?
Def. & Example
On the LEFT SIDE of your notebook, write a detailed paragraph defining and explaining the different types of mixtures. 5 MIN
1. Which of the following is an example of a heterogeneous mixture?
A. Bottled water B. Table salt C. Salt water solution D. Trail mix
2. Which of the following is an example of a homogeneous mixture?
A. Water B. Sandwich C. Chocolate Chip Cookie D. Kool aid
3. Oil and water is an example of a(n)…
4. “Hetero” means
5. “Homo” means
A. Similar B. Same C. Different D. Likely