BY THE NAME OF GOD. prepared by :. Mohammad Swaftah. Ahmad Ishtiah. Myocardial infarction. My objectives are: Define MI or heart attack Identify people at risk Know pathophysiology of MI Know the sign & symptom Learn the way that diagnoses MI
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
prepared by :
My objectives are:
Antiplatelets medicine like aspirin to reduce tendency of platelets in the blood to clump&clot.
Acute pulmonary edema.
Congestive heart failure (CHF).
Pericardial effusion & cardiac temponade.
A systemic assessment include careful history , particularly as it related to symptom. Each symptom must be evaluated with regard to time , duration , factors that precipitate the symptom and relieve it
1. Ineffective cardiopulmonary perfusion related to reduced coronary blood flow
2. Potential impaired gas exchange related to fluid overload from L.V
3. Potential altered peripheral tissue perfusion related to decreased cardiac output
4. Anxiety related to fear of death
The major goals of the pt include relief the pain , prevention of further myocardial damage , absence of respiratory dysfunction , reducing anxiety and absence of recognition of complications
1. Relieve pain and other symptom of ischemia : collaboration among the pt , nurse and physician is critical in assessing the pts response to therapy
2. Improving respiratory function : encouraging the pt to breathe deeply and change position frequently helps keep fluid from pooling in the bases of the lungs.
3. Promoting adequate tissue perfusion : checking skin temp and peripheral pulses frequently is important to ensure adequate tissue perfusion
Expected pt outcomes may include
1. Relief of angina
2. No signs of respiratory difficulties
3. Adequate tissue perfusion
4. Decreased anxiety
5. Absence of complications
Myocardial infarction is the process by which area of myocardial cells in the heart are permanently destroy and death due to sudden loss of blood supply
MI maybe was: 1- anterior :V3,V4
2- inferior II III AVF
MI caused sever chest pain radiation in Lt arm and lower jaw ,short of breathing, nausea, vomiting , tachy-bradycardia diaphoresis , anxiety , pale , dysrhythmia , fear .
The key of tools for diagnosis MI was ECG which indicate may change in waves and cardiac enzyme and history
Medical treatment was try to open blocked artery and restore blood flow to affected area and preventing future damage and complication.
The thrombolytic medication : streptokinase , morphine , aspirin , nitroglycerine.
NSG intervention to relief chest pain give good care put him in semi sitting position